What's new

Chankast loading problems!

newby1352

naked table tennis champion
please could someone give me some advice on how to convert my games (which are in RAR files) to CDI files/images which the chan requires to run the games, i already own the utopia boot disc, daemon manager v 3.47, alcohol 120%, disc juggler, clone cd and still no joy, the utopia boot cd loads up, so i think its running fine, any help would be
apreciated!!!!!:unsure: :unsure:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Ahem. RAR files aren't CD images. They are compressded archives that contain the image in a compressed form. You need to extract the actual image from the RAR to a folder/directory before you can use it.

I'd suggest getting a very handy program called WinRAR. After you've successfully extracted the file(s) from RAR archive, then you can mount the CD image with Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%.

OP
newby1352

newby1352

Thanks for the help, but im still having problems, my game files are now in iso form e.g. bubble bobble.iso, should these files work?, or is it that my games might not be compatible, my games are bubble bobble, alien trilogy and marvel super heroes, i think im doing everything correctly, the boot disc loads up but then no game!:bouncy:

Agozer

newby1352 said:
Thanks for the help, but im still having problems, my game files are now in iso form e.g. bubble bobble.iso, should these files work?, or is it that my games might not be compatible, my games are bubble bobble, alien trilogy and marvel super heroes, i think im doing everything correctly, the boot disc loads up but then no game!:bouncy:
ISOs are CD images, so yes, you can mount that file.

OP
newby1352

newby1352

still no joy, i can load the utopia boot disc via DAEMON manager, which shows the SEGA logo and then the spinning CD , then i mount my game ISO e.g. BUBBLE BOBBLE.iso and nothing happens, do you think this game maybe is not compatible or could it be something else, ive nearly give up hope with the chankast, is there a game i could try that would DEFINATELY work?:bouncy: :bouncy:

Agozer

Have you tried booting a game without the Utopia boot CD, or are all your games non-selfboot?

OP
newby1352

newby1352

When i try to boot my games without the utopia boot disc the dreamcast logo runs , and then it goes on to the screen with the spinning disc (play music cd?), i can then go on to the other menu and select play game , but then it says please insert disc!=]

LalaKSlayer

Maybe the problem is the Daemon Tool version. You said you use 3.47, as far as I know, Chankast 0.25 works much better with version 3.29

OP
newby1352

newby1352

ok, im now using daemon 3.29 and the games still wont boot, i have my plugins set as cd interface xxx , input interface xxx, is this correct?:unsure: