What's new

chankast help

dcwillis

I've got Chankast to work (with getting my own bios/flash) and it will run normal game .cdi's (example - cosmicsmash.cdi), but when i make a .cdi to run like mame4all it pops an error message.

what's the trick to get those types of games to work on chankast?

..is there any other way of test to see if these types of games work? instead of burning to a disk every time. I need to make my own menus, etc.. and i don't want to make a change then burn, make a change then burn, you get the idea.

OP
D

dcwillis

yeah, i've already got that program.....

the real problem is when i load a non commercial release image (example mame4all or any emulators) into daemon, it loads fine into the virtual drive but when chankast runs an error pops up.

Any other game i have works fine, like cosmic smash. Do you kinda understand what i'm talking about?

Or is there another way i can test out games i've created like emulators ect... Instead of the burning through cd's

OP
D

dcwillis

the pop-up box says "ioControl" and the message of the box just says error. It has on ok button to click but it keeps popping back up. All of my non-commercial release games give that message.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Change to CDRom Interface xxx plugin. If that doesn't help, install Daemon Tools 3.29.

Last edited:
OP
D

dcwillis

i installed a different daemon tools (3.29) like you said..... now every game i boot up without a error message but after the dreamcast logo finishes then it gets to the sega screen.... then the screen goes black and sits there. So i guess it's partially there, any more suggestions?

thanks for your help

Cobrax1884

Banned
format you're hd and then install chankast, download the image and the bios and then play the game.OORrr just try another bios XD

Cobrax1884

Banned
um, if the guy wants to play a game that he doesent own, how could he rip it?
He has to download them and me :)P) doesent think that he has his "own" bios,The bios is owned by the dreamcast ppl. XD