What's new

Chankast help for a newbie!

Owmen

Hi all, iv posted here about something the other day that i already got the awnser for, but now i still have this doubt:

PC Specs:

PIII 800Hz
396Mb DDR
Riva TNT 2 32Mb
DirectX 9b
Various hardrives
Windows XP Pro SP1

I cannot run games on chankast, the only thing i can run is the Utopia Boot CD..

I dont intend to play games ( with these specs not even with a miracle lol ) but i whanted to test the images i have before i burn them...
The PC has SSE, its a PIII, the graphic card even with the latest drivers (13-04-2004) may be the cause for the crash right?
But it shouldnt even run the Utopia Boot to, right?

I dont know :\

Here are the pics, by order:

Logo
BIOS
Utopia
Crash

logo.JPG

bios.JPG

Utopia.JPG

error.JPG

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Owmen said:
The PC has SSE, its a PIII, the graphic card even with the latest drivers (13-04-2004) may be the cause for the crash right?
But it shouldnt even run the Utopia Boot to, right?

yes, your gfx card is the problem, and you can run chankast until the app/game don't need a specific nvidia gfroce/ati radeon instruction...

but, as you can see, the result with your gfx card is not what it should be...

OP
O

Owmen

I dont know how to use that, iv download it, placed it on the dir were i have chankast, ran it, selected the Chankast_alpha_25.exe were i have chankast and then i dont know wich options should i mark, but when i mark HW_TnL for ex or what, it says that it could not move Hook_3DA.dll from e:\xxx to c:\xxx ....:(

By the way, thanx alot for this sugestion, if i can make it run it would be great!

Weyland

Weyland Yutani Corporation
ehm, sorry to tell you this but your graphics card is too old basicly, buy a new one :(