What's new

Chankast hangs on boot

Chouhada

Hello. I recently got a new PC and decided to put the Chankast folder from my old PC on a CD and transfer it to this new one. However, it doesn't seem to work at all now. I mount the ISO file of Fire Prowrestling D, the only game I play using an emulator, with Daemon Tools v4.08HE, select the same plugins as I used before and hit "run", but the strange thing is that sometimes FPD runs just fine, sometimes Chankast just hangs and has to be closed from the toolbar. Clearing out all my downloaded moves and edit packs with VMSbrowser doesn't seem to help as it refuses to run with all the cards empty.

Please, can somebody help me? FPD is my favourite video game, and it's just so much better on a PC.

OP
C

Chouhada

Now this is weird. It seems to be directly connected to the "input" plugin and how I map my keys. It will run with all keys set to blank or just a few set, meaning I can run FPD but not actually play it. I'm now working on a key setup that will be accepted by Chankast without it refusing to boot.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I hope you are using ElSemi's Input Interface plugin, instead of that near-incomprehensible shit known as the regular Input Interface xxx plugin.

OP
C

Chouhada

Nope. No dice. It doesn't seem to have much to do with the controller plugin after all. Sometimes it will boot, sometimes it won't. It will generally boot after a few tries just after booting the PC, but it will then cease to boot if you close it and open it again.

Anybody have any ideas about what could be causing this?

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
Maybe I won't help at all, but have you tried not using keys like [Ctrl], [Alt], [Tab] etc.? Also check if you have assigned two keys in one... key (ie. Button A and B of Dreamcast tied to Keyboard Z), but It doesn't cause me any problems.

Finally, maybe it's a Daemon Tools issue? If I remember correctly, version 4.08HE uses a beta version of SPTD 1.31 (is it that version?) and may be causing issues. Additionally, try using an ealier version of Daemon Tools (3.29 and 3.47 are the most recommended and tested), and maybe another virtual drive program.

Is it the only game you have? If you have other games, do they run or do they cause similar problems?

OP
C

Chouhada

I tried running the dump of Ultimate Fighting Championship I had lying around. Same deal. Both games worked fine on my previous PC, no problems.