What's new

Chankast error

KageGT

Banned
Hey i was trying to start chankast and at first it said some entry point couldnt be founf in DDRAW.dll, so i downloaded DDRAW.dll and it didnt say that anymore, now it says "The procedure entry point MakeCriticalSectionGlobal could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernel32.dll. I downloaded that file to but it still doesnt work. Im getting the same error with Kernel32.dll. How can i fix this?

thanks

aika-san

Start by putting back everything the way it was BEFORE you downloaded the ddraw.dll and kernel32.dll files. If you replaced any files, then put the original versions back. If you put a copy of ddraw.dll in the chankast folder, then remove it. These are very important files, and you should not manually replace or interfere with them, ever!!

You should now get your ddraw.dll error again. To fix it correctly download the latest version of DirectX which is DirectX 9.0c and install it. Here's a link to it:

www.microsoft.com/directx/homeuser/downloads

Make sure you reboot when prompted during the install.

Don't stuff around with files like ddraw.dll and especially kernel32.dll as these are very important files. There are also many different versions of each of these files. If you screw up, you may not even be able to boot into windows. Then you will have the joyous task of re-installing everything. :yucky: With windows, it pays not to replace files like this yourself. I can't stress this enough. The ddraw.dll and kernel32.dll errors should cease when you put DirectX9.0c on. If they don't, then post back here.

If you still get errors with kernel32.dll, you may have a virus. Update your virus scanner and check everything. kernel32.dll is arguably the most important file in windows, which makes it a great target for virus infections.

Also, please read the contents of this link carefully, making sure you meet the minimum requirements to run chankast:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=20636

It will answer most of your questions and solve most of your problems.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
K

KageGT

Banned
Wow thanks! lol that was a great little tutorial. I got it working and I already played MVC2 and GGX. Thanks! :happy: :happy: The only other thing is taht my games run kinda slow and i know its because i only have 1.60ghz but i dont know what i need to get more. Is that a graphics card thing?

Last edited:

BountyJedi

for me the speed isnt and ive got 3.0 ghz and the problem is still the prob in some games that runs slower (i.e soul calibur) as i tried with different resolutions and stuff and the difference was very little

aika-san

Your 1.6ghz cpu is what is holding you back. Get the fastest one you can afford, and carefully overclock it as much as you can. :phone:

Glad to hear you got everything running OK.

:party: