What's new

Chankast 0.25 damn! why am i having these problems?!?

jessman1988

Banned
Hey. I've been trying to enjoy Dreamcast games on my PC, and I heard that Marvel VS. Capcom 1 is full speed. So, I pop it in and the game appears to run full speed, but the sound is being REALLY slow. The sound seems to be in sync but yet the video is going basically full speed. It really ruins the whole emulation experience and I just wanted to know if it's my machine. I mean, sure I can just play the arcade rom, but what's the fun in that? lol. It's still not the Dreamcast. Also, Sonic Adventure seems to run full speed too, but the sound is incredibly slow. I don't know what the heck is going on. Please help me...thanks.

achiles

jessman1988 said:
Hey. I've been trying to enjoy Dreamcast games on my PC, and I heard that Marvel VS. Capcom 1 is full speed. So, I pop it in and the game appears to run full speed, but the sound is being REALLY slow. The sound seems to be in sync but yet the video is going basically full speed. It really ruins the whole emulation experience and I just wanted to know if it's my machine. I mean, sure I can just play the arcade rom, but what's the fun in that? lol. It's still not the Dreamcast. Also, Sonic Adventure seems to run full speed too, but the sound is incredibly slow. I don't know what the heck is going on. Please help me...thanks.

go to your video card settings and force vsync on. then play your game on full screen and it should sync with your sound. even though your video seems to be going at the right speed it maybe going over 60 fps and therefor going ahead of your sound. I had the same problem.

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
ok, i'm sorry for getting excited. thanks.

Hey, in my card's options I can only turn it on for OpenGL. Where would I go to turn it on for DirectX? Thanks.

Last edited: