What's new

certain games!

-pie-

i have had trouble running mario kart,extreme g and golden eye for some time now , name it ive tried it too get these games too work at a decent frame rate , i can get nearly all the games i have to run at about 60fps thats including conkers bad fur day ,perfect dark , banjo kazooie and both zelda games , is there a way of sorting the speed out or are these 3 games just highly unoptimised ,

oh yer + theres another thing the only actual pc game i have trouble with too work at the moment halo fps isnt too good on that either .

revl8er

That Damn Good
What plugins are you using, because you shouldn't have any trouble running any games on your pc. You might want to download the newest drivers for your gfx card. Also make sure that you are using the RSP.dll.

About Halo, you shouldn't have any problems getting full fps so try lowering your resolution.

OP
P

-pie-

iam using jabo gfx 1.5.1, alzimers sound 4 (ithink), jabo direct input , i have tryd a differnt number of plugins , hmmm rsp try messin with that for awhile

OP
P

-pie-

messing with the rsp hasnt done anything , i have noticed when iam runnig a game in 1964 it uses near 100% of my processor the same happens in pj 64 aswell is this normal :-\

revl8er

That Damn Good
I'm not really sure if it's supposed to use that much of your processor since i've never had a chance to use a 2.0ghz pc. I only have a 1.2 and a 3.2ghz and it uses almost all of my 1.2 but I haven't checked on my 3.2. It's probably a normal thing though. Just make sure that you don't have anything else running while you are running the emulators.

jollyrancher

You might have accidently changed some of the advanced settings in the game (counter factor, compiler type, self-modifying code, etc) because there's really no other reason to explain why Perfect Dark and Conker's would run faster than Mario Kart.

scotty

The Great One
you are using the best plugins (except Input, they say N-Rages works better, but Jabos does the job), and the ones I usually use. Jolly Rancher said hat it may be the advanced setings. I know I have fiddled with them on some ROMS in the past and they work worse than they used to with the other settings.

scotty

The Great One
knowitman said:
I would recommend getting more ram for your computer. Bump it up to 512 MB

I dont think he needs RAM, he has 256 MB RAM, 128MB is enough for N64 emulation, it is more of a faster processor and video card he needs.

OP
P

-pie-

jollyrancher said:
You might have accidently changed some of the advanced settings in the game (counter factor, compiler type, self-modifying code, etc) because there's really no other reason to explain why Perfect Dark and Conker's would run faster than Mario Kart.

they just do for some reason i havent edited any of the settings at all , cos ive figured the best settings for the roms are done automatically but alas i dont have this prob with the new 1964 it works realy well no slow downs at all in goldeneye or any of the games i have been playin got to say the best emu uptodate i would say iam gonna try play goldeneye multi player on the net later

oh yer 1 more thing whats the best plugin for 2d games at the moment