What's new

CD-ROM problem

Darkice

First of all i would like to congratulate the chankast team for finally creating a working emulator.

I have the original dreamcast cd and i have created the cd image and the virtual drive using the daemon tools and mounted the cd image on the virtual drive and configure the chankast cd drive to the virtual drive

Now my problem is when i start the emulation , chankast takes me to a screen with the icons play , file, music and settings and when i click on play i get a message" please insert game disc" , (even though i inserted the disc )what do i do now ?
can any one here please help?

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Darkice said:
I have the original dreamcast cd and i have created the cd image and the virtual drive using the daemon tools and mounted the cd image on the virtual drive and configure the chankast cd drive to the virtual drive
well, in fact the cd image you have made (the iso rip i suppose) only contain the exe+data section of the game... for using it with chankast, you need to rebuild the original structure of the dreamcast app/game gdrom, so you have to use a selfboot like program... you should look the exoboot thread...

edit* or you can also use the utopia boot cd... it could work...

Last edited:

holymoz

I think you must specify HOW do you create the image from original gdrom, if you simply put the gdrom in the pc and create the image is a wrong method, you create nothing, to create the image it' necessary a special cable to connect the dreamcast to pc and various programs

OP
D

Darkice

I have 256 mb ddram , a DVD rom , gforce 4 128 mb ddram and 2.8 ghz speed , that is enough to run the game in the instructions that in have seen in the help file of the emulator given below

You'll need a CPU supporting the Intel SSE Instructions (P3, P4 or an AMD XP CPU) with at least 1.6 Ghz.
Memory wise, you should at least have 256 MB of RAM in your system.
As for the OS, you'll need Windows XP or 2003 (the emu will NOT work under Windows 9x or ME, 2000 may boot certain ISOs but we won't go into detail on this now!) together with DirectX 9.0b and a graphic card supporting it either from Nvidia or ATI together with their latest drivers

I need help with problems about the Cdrom which chankast is not reading

holymoz

I repeat, you must specify HOW do you create the image, the pc cdrom drive can't read the original dreamcast games, you must convert it to image with a special cable connected to dreamcast, the cdrom support of chankast it's only for ripped games on regular cd, not original gdrom, I think now is clear

OP
D

Darkice

No its not an original gd rom , it IS a ripped game on a cd . just tell me where i can download the utopia disk software or any plugin that will help my DVD-ROM to run dreamcast games

first i was getting the error " can read TOC from the virtual drive G: ", now i have solved that problem , but chankast still doesnt load the game .
Can u tell me how to make my dreamcast cd self bootable ?

OP
D

Darkice

I have solved the error of " can read TOC from the virtual drive G: " by copying that winasp32.dll file into the system32 directory but now when i start the game , i get the message please insert cd (at the screen with the icons play , file, music and settings )
my cd is not selfbootable ( non bootable disc) , how do i convert that disc into a bootable format or when can i download the software of Utopia boot disc ?