What's new

Can't run Tokyo Bus Guide

Tataraa

Hello

Well, I'm probably just way too stupid for emulation, but I would still appreciate if anyone could help me. Please don't freak out on me if I'm being dumb and thick... again

OK I downloaded Chankast 0.25, have 2 different BIOS files (European and US) and one game image, which is Tokyo Bus Guide. Your compatibility list says that it should run, although with minor issues. I first tried to load it directly. The logo and swirl appeared, and then the game disc was detected as an audio CD with one track of about 78 minutes and something. I exit the CD player and select "Game" only to let the game tell me that I should insert a proper game disc first.

Then I had a look at this forum and decided that I had to make the image bootable first. I used the Binhack/Fastboot procedure which ran fine expect moaning something about an error with a file called cdrom.dll or so. I then loaded the image of Fastboot instead of the original one and fired up Chankast again. Now it was again recognized as an audio CD, however now it had 2 tracks, one being empty and the other one something about 80 minutes. If I now select "Game", doesn't matter if Euro or US BIOS, the beep sound can be heard and the screen fades slowly to black. Then it flickers for a moment and the whole procedure starts all over again right from the Dreamcast Swirl Logo.

Please tell me where I screwed up.

OP
T

Tataraa

It doesn't work, I've repeated the FastBoot process 3 times now but it did help nothing. At least the error message didn't reappear.

I try to run it with the European BIOS, with the American BIOS and even switching to Japanese language because it is a Japanese game (there were some cases on PS2 where that was necessary) but after trying to boot it always jumps back to the swirl.

-indecisive-

it could be the image? i think from now on it should be stated which group released the iso in the compatibility chart. it would be a good idea since different images by diff groups of the same game vary with chankast

OP
T

Tataraa

Possible, but unfortunately I have absolutely no information about the group which released the image I got.