What's new

can 1964 save at all??

guve25

I'm using 0.8.0 pre release 2 bin, and still 1964 won't save on wwf no mercy or smash brothers, is it I have done something on the config menu? dunno, it saved just fine on project64, but playing no mercy or smash bros are much faster on 1964... such a dilematic prob for me :plain2:

Duncan

N64 Addict
Use the "native save", meaning use the save function in the actual game, not the emulator.

OP
G

guve25

okay... here's a brief snip, when I create a wrestler and save it, it is there on the mempak, the emu shows it. after I close the caw screen, enter exhibition menu, and on the character select screen, the wrestler wasn't there, not with pj64 who happens to display the modified wrestler out of the box

so save states won't work, it work for certain aspects of the game, but not saving the actual data

can anybody save in this game? or what? :sleepy:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
guve25 said:
okay... here's a brief snip, when I create a wrestler and save it, it is there on the mempak, the emu shows it. after I close the caw screen, enter exhibition menu, and on the character select screen, the wrestler wasn't there, not with pj64 who happens to display the modified wrestler out of the box

so save states won't work, it work for certain aspects of the game, but not saving the actual data

can anybody save in this game? or what? :sleepy:
Save states work everywhere. By saving all the actual data of the game memory, it can resume from any point. I've always used save-states and it works for me.

OP
G

guve25

okay, I'll try the mempak thing, but not save stating, because the character data got deleted as soon as I close the create a wrestler screen, so save state can't help

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
guve25 said:
okay, I'll try the mempak thing, but not save stating, because the character data got deleted as soon as I close the create a wrestler screen, so save state can't help
You totally miss the point. When saving a state, everything in the game gets saved. When you close the emulator, the stuff may go away, true, but if you load the state, the emulator sets everything as it was when it was saved. In other words: the data will be there again.

gOLDENeAGLE

I'm not familiar with this game, but it sounds like when Guve creates the little wrestler dude, it saves him somewhere "native" then calls back that data at a different point in the game, therefore, no native save, no wrestler dude. Maybe?

Last edited:

swarmster

If it's anything like Mario Golf, then save states won't help.

There, any info gets wiped out when you finish a game/return to a menu. So you could save the state while you're playing, but because the native save doesn't work in 1964, your info still won't carry into the next game - making the game unplayable.