What's new

Can´t get the sound to work!

Rimmer

"Know you enemy"
I have recently downloaded and tested 1964 (0.8.4) for the first time, and I am impressed. It runs every game I have but faster than PJ64 (I think I have full speed in all games). But the sound is always bad/choppy. I´ve tried Azimers Audio 0.30 Old Driver, 0.30 Rev 2.2 and Basic audio plugin (wich doesn´t work at all). What should I do?

I run all games in counter factor 1 since every other setting causes the game to run too fast or frame skip. I´ve tried checking/unchecking these whitout solving the problem:
Enable audio fix
Stop sound when paused
Sync game to audio
Use v0.21 style audio

All my roms are US NTSC

I use these plugins :
Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5
N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a

My system spec:
AMD XP1700+
256MB DDR 266MHz
Radeon9000 64MB DDR
ASUS A7S333 with 6-channel C-Media audio
WD 80GB 7200rpm
Windows XP PRO

petronius79

in order for basic audio plug-in to work you need to have the rsp plug-in enabled in the plug-ins settings. Also copy RSp.dll from Project64 to the plugin folder of 1964

OP
Rimmer

Rimmer

"Know you enemy"
in order for basic audio plug-in to work you need to have the rsp plug-in enabled in the plug-ins settings. Also copy RSp.dll from Project64 to the plugin folder of 1964

I got that plugin to work now, it was a little better (static sounds instead of repeating sounds). But the framerate is too low with counter factor 1, isn´t there any way to limit the framerate on this emulator when using counterfactor 2 (video speed sync and sync gameplay to audio does not work)?

Azimer's Audio v0.40 Beta wasn´t any better than the earlier versions in my case.