What's new

CAFTA Approved

2fast4u

personally i have just read up on the subject so i cant really give a definite stance on it yet. however, from what i understand the CAFTA agreement is very alike to NAFTA and additionally the FTAA trade agreement:

Essentially, the FTAA is an expansion of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The FTAA would force every nation in the western hemisphere (except Cuba) to comply with the rules of "free trade." Tariffs on imported goods, restrictions on toxic chemicals or genetically engineered foods, union organizing, or refusal to trade with human rights abusers all constitute barriers to "free" trade. Furthermore, the FTAA would use the WTO as a model for dispute settlement, giving itself more power to penalize nations that interfere with trade.
article on FTAA

heres some overview on cafta i found: http://stopcafta.org/article.php?list=type&type=2

maybe you could point me to some more resources considering the subject, t0rek. would be highly appreciated :)

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
2fast4u said:
maybe you could point me to some more resources considering the subject, t0rek. would be highly appreciated :)

Sorry, I currently know a lot of sites about it but they are in spanish... It was very impressive that it was approvved by just a 2 vote difference.

Last edited:

WhiteX

it was supposed to be the ALCA, with the whole american continent but we do not thought so and the other south americans went with us.