What's new

building Dolphin under Linux

Cyberman

I appear to be having a bit of trouble getting cmake to setup the build for dolphin
This is what I did
Code:
git clone https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/

this created a directory dolphin-emu
cd dolphine-emu
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
This resulted in most things being happy then it complained about wxwindows etc.

The problem is wxwindows libraries are installed so
I looked through the CmakeLists.txt file in the based directory (IE ../build)
and I'm not all to sure WHAT version of wxwidgets it's looking for or how..

I suppose I could use the CLI only version but hey if it has a cool GUI interface WHY NOT USE it (I thought) heh
Go figure?

Anyone successfully build it under Linux? Clue me in here please.

Cyb

Surkow

You will probably have to compile the most recent version of wxWidgets by hand if the one your distro offers is outdated. The wxWidgets frontend for Mupen64Plus has the same issue.

Martin

Administrator
I appear to be having a bit of trouble getting cmake to setup the build for dolphin
This is what I did
Code:
git clone https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/

this created a directory dolphin-emu
cd dolphine-emu
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
This resulted in most things being happy then it complained about wxwindows etc.

The problem is wxwindows libraries are installed so
I looked through the CmakeLists.txt file in the based directory (IE ../build)
and I'm not all to sure WHAT version of wxwidgets it's looking for or how..

I suppose I could use the CLI only version but hey if it has a cool GUI interface WHY NOT USE it (I thought) heh
Go figure?

Anyone successfully build it under Linux? Clue me in here please.

Cyb

Hmm I'll give it a shot on my CentOS box when I get home

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

You will probably have to compile the most recent version of wxWidgets by hand if the one your distro offers is outdated. The wxWidgets frontend for Mupen64Plus has the same issue.

Hmm I have wxGTK installed does it want wxX11?

I also have the latest stable which is 2.8.12.1 if they are using something like 2.9.XXX that's kind of insane (it's a development version and more importantly I can't think of any 'must have' feature one would need in it).

I never make things with the latest and greatest, just the last stable release. Granted with Gnome DT that's an oxymoron now but GTK etc should be still clean and functional.

Is there a way to find out WHY cmake can't find it? Hmm let me dig a bit and see if I can figure that latter out. I've had this happen once before and I stopped working on that build line. It's a bit annoying admittedly.

Which reminds me I need to continue working with PCSX and PCSX 2 source to get those working. Gotta have my emulation! of course it's a bit weird when your emulation screen looks small even though it's at 1024x768 (sigh).

Cyb