What's new

Broken Link

frostillicus

Hello I have been trying to download chancast but everytime i download i just get a crappy file which cannot be opened. I am not getting an .exe program or a ziped folder to allow installation.
This even happens when i try to download it off of the official chancast website as well as a different site i tried.

Anyone else have problems downloading it?
What should i do?

Thanks.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
if you are using Internet Explorer (which you shouldn't) you can clear the cache from the Internet Options in Control Panel.

OP
F

frostillicus

Thanks alot for the help just 2 more questions please.

Why shouldn't i use internet explorer.

And heres the big question, do i need to have the dreamcast game CDs to play the specific game i want to? Or are they available on the web?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
frostillicus said:
Why shouldn't i use internet explorer.
For starters, it has severe security flaws, thanks to it's ActiveX use, and Microsoft is too slow in fixing these holes. Thanks to this, you are at a greater risk of getting spyware and viruses by simply visiting websites. Tabbed browsing (the greatest invention since the internet), that has been a feature in other browsers for a long time now, is just now being introduced in IEv7. Not to mention advanced popup blocking (which IE got with SP2). IE also lacks support for custom extensions and themes. There are a whole lot more wrong in IE, but it would take several pages to lay them all out.

I strongly suggest that you at least take a look at alternative browers like Mozilla Firefox or Opera.

frostillicus said:
And heres the big question, do i need to have the dreamcast game CDs to play the specific game i want to? Or are they available on the web?
Yes, the asre available on the net. You wouldn't be able to read Dreamcast's GD-ROM discs in your CD/DVD drive anyway. No, whe can't tell you where to get DC games on the net, you'll have to find them yourself.

Last edited:
OP
F

frostillicus

When i download it is in a .rar file, windows cannot run it because it says ot doesn't know which progrm to run it with. Do i need a program to open .rar or should it just be downloading a .zip or .exe file?