What's new

Booting chu chu rocket

zePh7r1

Hello. I must say chanka is great and both the devs and the community should sheer in joy for this. Now my problem: I'm trying to run chu chu rocket (us release by kalisto, which is in bin/cue format pointing to wave files instead of cdda tracks - I know this is pointless in chankast though) and it didn't run so I got utopia boot cd image and tried that way. However this wasn't enough for running the game, as I tryed both vers. 1.1 , 1.2 (1.2 patched as suggested in the compability list sticky) of utopia and nothing came up. The procedure I followed was: 1-booting up chanka with the utopia cd mounted, 2-once utopia loaded, swap cds in daemon tools. After this nothing changed. However I somehow managed to make it work (though not in a valid way, which is why I'm asking for help) by mounting the utopia cd (1.2 and didn't try with another version) then trying to load up a .ncd image file (the image format of NTI's CD/DVD maker 6) in daemon tools (which although daemon seemed to have loaded, couldn't mount in the cd) - this produced a strange effect, as the dog turned out to grey and the background could barelly be seen - and imediatelly after that I mounted again the chu chu image and this time it loaded (strange hum?).
Also the version of daemon tools is 4.08HE and chankast is 0.25 Alpha.

If some one has got an hint on how to solve this I would really appreciate it.

Regards

Last edited: