What's new

boot file problem (1st_read.bin)

shale

hey fellas,

so i am trying to run marvel vs capcom 2 on chankast and have been in the lengthy process of converting the image and making it self bootable but have encountered a problem that my google search abilities have not enabled me to yet solve. so far this is the path i have taken to make the copy of mvsc2 playable on chankast

1. acquired marvel_vs_capcom2 (it came in .mdf and .mds format with just 2 files)
2. mounted the game in its current format on my virtual drive (daemon tools 3.29)
3. used isobuster to extract the game to .bin image
4. used bin2boot.exe from Dir2Boot to make the .bin image self bootable (here is where the problem is)
Problem: after typing the file name in bin2boot.exe, it asks me if I want it to make an IP.bin, to which I type "y", then it asks for the game's binary (which is usually 1ST_READ.BIN) and I type that in but it says the 1st_read.bin cannot be found and thus I cannot complete the process. I know other self boot programs also require the 1st_read.bin so I don't think using another program will help.
So my basic question is where do I get the 1st_read.bin, is it located in the game, (cause I used 1st_read.bin finder to check for it but it couldn't find it) or where can I get it, or am I just screwed?

Thanks for the help, I'm not even trying so hard to play the game anymore I just want to figure this problem out, its bugging the hell out of me.