What's new

blight input only working when running as root

wildbill12

I'm runnning the Mandriva 2007 binary of mupen64 and having some issues with blight's plugin.

Running mupen as a user, blight's plugin won't respond to my controller. It's found in the configure setup but I can't define buttons and when loading games I get a "no controller".

However, if I run mupen64 when logged in as root, blight's plugin works great, I can configure the controller and it works perfectly in games.

So I'm guessing this is just a simple permissions problem. I chmod 777 the /dev/input/js* and that made no difference.

I can use the controller with no problems when running as a user in every other program I've tried it (other emulators, games, etc).

I'm using mupen through mythtv, so running that as root is a secruity issue.

Any ideas?

OP
W

wildbill12

ok, I solved the problem pretty simply.

I copied the /root/.mupen64/blight_input.conf file to my user .mupen64 directory and that did the trick.

Still not able to reconfig the controls when logged in as a user, but it's simple enough to do that as root then copy the file over.

Hope this helps anyone that end up having the same problem

flip

hi there

does the file have the right owner and group?
because when you copy the file from the root home folder it should normally be assigned root:root
try (as root)

# chown username:username file

to have write access to the file

you can see the owner/group/permissions when you type
$ ls -l file

also i dont think giving any of the files in /dev 777 permissions is a good idea
change it to the previous settings its perfectly ok and surely not the cause of your problem