What's new

Blazing Fast

gstuartj

Hello all! I'm new to Mupen, so bear with me. I know that many people have speed issues with Mupen, as I am. I am not, however, having issues with it being too slow. Mupen is running at speeds of between 230%-330%, which means that Link seems to be on fast forward! Can anyone give me any advice on how to slow Mupen down? It would be great if I could cap the speed at 100%. Thanks! :p

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3400+
1 GB Ram
SuSE 9.3 Pro (64-bit Ed. [Mupen is running in 32-bit mode.])

OP
G

gstuartj

Wow! You're quick! Thanks for your help Hacktarux. I didn't realize that the audio plugin would have anything to do with speed. With Jttl's SDL plugin, it's running at 92-102%. Just right. Thanks alot for putting so much work into this project. I thought the prospects at finding a Linux N64 emu were pretty grim, but sure enough, Mupen64 popped right up! Keep up the good work. Thanks again!

OP
G

gstuartj

BTW, I'm really impressed with Mupen64, and like it just as much as Project64 for my family's Windows box. I was wondering if you could set up shortcut keys. Like, press F5 to save state, F6 to load state, F8 for fullscreen, etc. Is this possible? If not, I could probably make a macro of some kind. Has anyone made any macros for Mupen64? Thanks.

ciruZ

That's already implemented.
@Hacktarux: What about a FAQ for Mupen, mentioning the issue with not changing the audio plugin and the shortcuts. Those two are the most stated questions here in the forum that nearly every newcomer asks. I guess a FAQ file should come within the Mupen tarball. Maybe that's something for the next release?

OP
G

gstuartj

A FAQ is a good idea. Sorry I asked one of the most common question. Just a n00b. ;) I found the Windows shortcuts in the PDF file, and most of them seem to work, except for toggling fullscreen mode. Thanks for your help!

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Yup, i can include a FAQ... is anyone willing to spend some time listing the questions that should be answered there ?

aminalshmu

linux gaming enthusiast
i certainly am. i have nothing but love for mupen64 and nothing would make me happier than to help with the release of the next version =D

aminalshmu at gmail dot com - i will be reading through this forum and maybe a few linux distro forums for questions about mupen64, and i will try to help with as many answers as i can. thanks hacktarux for your awesome emulator.

ciruZ

I suggest those two questions first:

Q: My games run way to fast?!
A: Try changing the audio plugin.

Q: How can I save/load in fullscreen?
A: Try F5 and F6 (IIRC it was F5 and F6, right?)

And, another two:
Q: How can I change the keybindings?
A: Try a different input plugin, for example blight's, or change the keybindings in the source.

Q: My joystick doesn't work.
A: Try blight's input plugin.