What's new

blast corps and body harvest

rcgamer

the old guy
i was wondering if anyone was able to get blast corps running with rices plugin. I get to the spinning rare sign and it freezes, does it with glide as well, jabos acts like its going to freeze but eventually goes into the game where it runs fine.
also in body harvest the demo (the part of the game that is shown if you dont hit start) is running fine, but for some reason it wont accept it when i push any buttons to start the game. it acts as if im not pushing the button and just keeps running the demo.

Trotterwatch

The Body Harvest issue is a known bug - basically upon rom load it will accept 1 input and one input only for a split second. Some really wierd core bug.

Turning off 'Two pass compiler' (I think) will solve this issue, but it will also cause the game to run slow.

As an experiment you can try this - get into game using the turning off 2 pass method, then save state. Turn 2 pass back on, quick load and keep a button or direction pressed. You should notice the animation is smooth and fast etc Just you can't do anything but move in that one direction :/

scotty

The Great One
rcgamer said:
body harvest the demo (the part of the game that is shown if you dont hit start) is running fine, but for some reason it wont accept it when i push any buttons to start the game. it acts as if im not pushing the button and just keeps running the demo.

I dont like this anymore than you do. I would watch some of the bugs in this game, and pray that they get fixed before Schibo stops working on 1964. From my experience Project 64 V1.3 works the game with the best speed, however on my version (U!), it appears that the bridges are uncrossable (in all emulators that work it), oh yes I cant forget that the windmill, for some reason you cant get in the door to the windmill (this game has many bugs doesnt it, and they are all crucial to the game too).
It is unfortunate I dont feel like getting out my N64 to play this game. I would rather just stay on my PC.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
well. I tried what you said trot, it turned out to be link code blocks. and it got me into the game but of course when i put it back on after using my save state i couldnt do anything at all.

Trotterwatch

When you restore the state have the direction pressed - you should at least get some movement (just with no other way of influencing it).

Hopefully this is something fixable, who's knows though.

With the link code blocks off you should notice you are actually in game and can control it (it's just slow) bizarrely though it says it's running at 60vis for me with plenty of idle time.

bad bharvest

hi, just read the post, I have the same problem with crossing the bridges, is there any way of playing the game with this problem corrected i.e emulator or plug in etc.. I am going crazy with this problem. Your thoughts are very much appreciated.