What's new

Black Screen?

jim9

Hmmm iam having a problem loading [ Sega GT European Edition [Nero-551056-Selfboot] ] thats the whole name wen dled.. everytime i load the game it gets pass the part where it shows SEGA PROCED .. ETC then a black screen showed up? and now it wont load from there.. it happend to [ 18_wheeler_american_pro_trucker_kouji ] :whistling

OP
J

jim9

Another problem i tried using alcohol 120% to mount my images like i use on daemon tools and it didnt work .. i tried loading it then it pop an exploror error and turned off the emu... any clue? :whistling

MAD_BOY

weird guy
that's normal with some games, only thing you can do is wait for the next version (or the one after it or....)

EMUUSER

if you found some game it started in a black screen and halted/crashed
before the logo appears, you can try this: open a new windows whatever
it is (it might be notepad or explorer your like) before you run the game.
then run the game when you see the black screen and the ftps indicator is
shown in left bottom position, when it is stop(or you feel it is going to
crash), you switch to the other windows and turn back to the emu window,
it "might" work nornally.

OP
J

jim9

Hmm well i tried both didnt work :( after the SEGA LOGO it goes to the black screen and on left bottom where the numbers move around... it just froze? any clue if not then i guess ill have to wait for new version.

EMUUSER

EMUUSER said:

i use above method to solve "block screen" problem and i can play 10 games more. include sonic, sf III, snk vs capcom, radio, mvs, samba .....etc.

roxoxx

sega gt euro

when, after the sega logo, the screen becomes black, if you try to press buttons (A,start,etc) you may hear a sound like a confirmation (maye the emulator does'nt visualize the menu screen but emulate it) if you turn randomly the control-stick (up-down-left-right, obviously random and not in this order) and then press start (try more and more) you can reach the in-game screen; i make it so, and i played with Peugeot 205 and Audi quattro.
try-it is guaranteed...
Sorry for my bad english.

OP
J

jim9

sega gt euro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when, after the sega logo, the screen becomes black, if you try to press buttons (A,start,etc) you may hear a sound like a confirmation (maye the emulator does'nt visualize the menu screen but emulate it) if you turn randomly the control-stick (up-down-left-right, obviously random and not in this order) and then press start (try more and more) you can reach the in-game screen; i make it so, and i played with Peugeot 205 and Audi quattro.
try-it is guaranteed...
Sorry for my bad english.

hmmm i try that n it dont work .. u see when the numbers that move up/down on the left side with the cpu speed.. it just froze .. that means the game frozed....so i tried pressing all my keys n nothin apeared.. any idea how long it takes to do wat u did??

roxoxx

sega gt

i don't remember if framerate numbers on left corner is frozen or not, but i remember that on my pc this game runs with the trick that i mentioned above... i dont know, maybe you can try the capcom hack or download another version of the game! bye...

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
EMUUSER said:
Never heard of this...
Are you serious? What's your source and which games are orking and NOT working before? (e.g. in the comp thread)