What's new

Best PC Joypad for PJ64?

OtNife

Yes, I know it's more of a 'General N64' type of question, but PJ64 is the only emulator I use...

What would be the ideal PC joypad for playing N64 games? - Of course I'm after Rumble capability, and as a many programmable buttons as possible (for C-buttons, left and right shoulder buttons and maybe a Z-trigger(?!)).

Does such a joypad exist? (apart from a true N64 one ;) )

Or please suggest a worthy, quality alternative.

Many thanks.

Eikef7

Have you heard of the Adaptoid?

www.wishtech.com

You can use a real n64 pad with a rumble-pack, mem-pack, transfer-pack, or voice-pack. (Soon with Nrage's input plugin)
You can also use it for regular pc games.

Hope this helps

SirLuck

Best Controller for PJ64

The best controller is an original N64 controller used with an adaptoid. This is apparently the only way to feel rumble effects. I have a Logitech Wingman Rumblepad USB controller. It is very nice overall...but I have trouble getting Windows to consistently recognise it. I have to reboot sometimes to get it working...no complaints otherwise..and they are cheap too..I have seen refurbished ones online for only $10 plus shipping

CovertJaguar

Hammerhead FX by InterAct

Dual Analog Sticks
POV Pad
10 Buttons
Rumble
USB

The setup is almost identical to a N64 controller, the only button out of place is the start button. And the rumble works great with N-Rage's plugin.

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
the Adaptoid is nice (tho $30 is alittle steep for just an adaptor).
but the n64 pad sucked to begin with, the analog stick didnt last me very long so i would end up buying a new pad every couple of months. id rather use a PSX controller adapter for emulation, you can set the C-buttons to the Right analog stick (sorta like the CameCube pad).

aprentice

actually,

the best controller is no controller.
If theres nothing to compare to, there
is no best and there is no worst. Wierd eh?

Eikef7

The Hammerhead fx didn't really work out when I had mine. The little springs for the analog stick broke, as well as the rubber tip. And the thing would never stay calibrated.
But after crushing it with a real hammer, I continued gaming on my good old Gravis Gamepad Pro:thumbsup:

Zoomer

Thrustmaster Dual Shock!!!

If your not interested in the Adaptoid for some reason you NEED to go for the Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Shock! I love it, it's got a ton of buttons and great rumble support. The 4 shoulder buttons make the C-buttons easy to remember and all of the other buttons work and feel great for N64ing. Playing a lot of games it feels like you have an extra edge! I've had no problems using N-Rage's latest plugin with PJ64 1.4, it's such a sweet pad! GET IT
:pj64:

Zoomer

Hey, using that right analong stick for the C-buttons really works great! Thanks BAGG.

P.S.- Thrustmaster Firestorm rules, rumble support!!

Emumax

Gravis Xterminator

I've got a Gravis Xterminator, and It has done wonders for me, and my N64 experience...

I don't have the Rumble feature, but oh well...

I got this controller when ULTRAHLE was 1st released on the scene.. And it has held up thru thick and thin.. Every button is programmable, and it works like a dream on ALL emulators..

They have a Rumble version now, and it is even cordless.. But I've got the standard -gameport- version.
I also have 2 USB Gravis GamePad Pro, for my PSX emulation...

Gravis.. it's where the gaming is!!!!!!!

hehe... I love my Gravis equipment.................

/ater,
EmuMAX
Emulation to the MAX

nifelan

hi

I use a "Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power" and it works great (rumble,...)

I made some makro's and used the second analog controller to "start" them.
good for fighting games :devil: