What's new

Best GeForce graphics driver for Chankast

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Windmaster said:
What's the point of selecting a specific version of the driver, wouldn't it be best just to keep up to date with the newest one?

5x.xx are officials nvidia drivers... 6x.xx are only beta drivers for the moment...

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Windmaster said:
What's the point of selecting a specific version of the driver, wouldn't it be best just to keep up to date with the newest one?

not if you have an old card no, if you have a new one yes. the optimisations and fixes they do etc are for the newer cards, which in quite a few cases can cause performance drops on older cards, hence why some of the older drivers are better for older cards.

I know the drivers are unified, but that just means they work on all cards, not optimal performance for all cards :)

rcgamer

the old guy
just thought i would let you guys know that the forceware beta is up to 62.01 . you know where to get em.

Yin

So... What would be the best to use with an ATI-card? (An ATI Radeon 9200, to be precise)
I havn't actually updated the drivers since I got the computer some months ago... Would I notice a difference if i did?

foogy

gooo ut2004 is a lot less jerky on my pc! i just got the latest drivers..... did a little overclock on my geforcefx 5200 while i was at it and a lot of my games are better than before. thanks clements for the website

T-Kimura

hey guys i updated from 56.72 to 61.76.. i noticed an increase of speed on parts that would usually go slow, but then parts that were fast got slow.. really weird, any suggestions on what i should do? using geforce4 mx integrated gpu.. also i dont get anymore random freezes with the newer driver, but parts that went fast are now slower.. in marvel vs. capcom 2 for example, after i picked my characters on the old driver it'd kinda hang, now its smooth.. but when im in the actual fight, its slower.. this never used to be the case. any ideas?

Last edited:

zherow

I was using 45.23 for my Geforce 2 Ti, then I switched to the whql 56.72, and the results were terrible, games such as Marvel vs Capcom suffered a lowdown on the fps ingame that I couldn´t play even near the speed I had with the old driver. I switched back to the 45.23 now.
Since my vga doesn´t use pixel shader 1 nor 2.0 these drivers suits me just fine.

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
2 T-Kimura :
6x.xx drivers are optimised for the gf series... it could solve problems on old gfx card but it's not the priority of nvidia developpers, their priority is to optimise and debug their driver for the new instructions providing with the latest gfx card, refraction has said that these drivers are unified, well it's true... but it should not slowdown the process on older card like he said... in fact, the gpu of the gfx card work like the cpu, i mean there is instructions set like a cpu, and these instructions are the same on all cards (with add-on on the new ones, of course...), so it's not a question of optimisation for a specific card... using the latest driver should be the best choice in most case... but it doesn't mean it will solve the existing problems... sometimes on the contrary it generate new problems...

2 zherow :
have you make a try with the 6x.xx beta driver ? because i have said that the priority of the developpers is the news instructions set, but they also update their driver for the "older" gpu instructions when they have time... you should try, in the worst case you can return to your 45.23 driver...

Last edited:

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
check thi out

i am using
xp service pack1
3.0 procesor
1000mb of ram
soundmax built in card plus creative sound card 128 bit
i have geforce2 400 mx plus geforce 4 ati redon 9800 riva tnt
the best chankakast 0.25 is geforce 2 400 mx i even used it with 256mb of ram and work great
the other cards some time get blink on chanka :p

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
if someone need help with thier grapichs card they can ask me
but post it very clearly
like( gfxcard=??????)(driver=??????)