What's new

banjo kazooie stuttering

OP
M

mosquitogang201

The game hitches about every 5 seconds and then goes back to playing. It happens regularly, its not random. I am running it on a 3 GHz P4, 512 RAM, Radeon 9700.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
if the game is stopping (the core/video, not just the sound) then enabling sync game to audio will generally make things worse.

have you disabled the speed limiter? there is a timing problem unique to this game that requires you keep the limiter enabled. this is under system menu, shortcut F4.
or do other games have this issue?

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
mosquitogang201 said:
banjo kazooie stutters about every 5 seconds. im using PJ 1.6 and jabos plugins. any idea how to fix it?

You mean pausing? That was a known issue with 1.5. Shouldn't be with 1.6, because the Project64 team known about the repeated pausing problems.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Try turning advanced block linking off in rom settings, as well as setting CF to 1. this should make things a bit smoother...

DJRobX

Mine "stalls" for 2-3 seconds every few minutes, but otherwise works great. I'll try the above suggestions.

Milot

Hello :)

I know this topic is old but well I rather post on a old one than pollute with a new one.. I have this problem, and I did follow the instruction of ScottJC but helas, that didn't solved the problem.. I've to say though that the pausing is less frequent... is there a way to completly solve this issue?

I'm using Jabo Direct3D8 1.6, Jabo Direct Sound 1.6 and Jabo DirectInput7 1.6. thanks a lot and sorry for this bump.

Blacklord

Banned
It is a prob that hunted me a lot. U have to sync game to audio. Ooops didn't see the date on Smiff's post:eek:

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You should visit the official Project 64 website and download the latest Project 64 RDB and GameFAQ....

From the latest FAQ. Banjo Kazooie entry:
- core
timing issues - don't disable system speed limiter in this game, won't run smooth, may hang. if you get occasional pauses e.g. for a few seconds every minute or so, try enabling Sync game to Audio.

introduction music is out of sync with the video. If this bothers you, use Sync game to Audio.

- video
jigsaw transition effect uses primary framebuffer.

When having problems take some time to look at the latest FAQ, it will save you (and Smiff) a lot of time.