What's new

Background Graphic Problems

Hi everybody,

well, I tried out thousands of things but it does not run! :cry:
I'm completely new to this scene, I'm a newbie...

I try it with Mupen64. (I had more problems with Project64...)

My computer (WinXP) is alright I think, but it looks like this:
my.php

The speed is optimal but the BG-Grafics can not be displayed. Why the hell is that.
I tried of 5-8 different video plug-ins, but they were even more uncompatible. -.-'
I use Direct64 v. 0.5.03.25...

I think it can not be very difficult, because Yoshi's Story is the only game I want to play, so it has not to be compatibel with other games.

Is it maybe a problem that is very often?
What ever, I couldn't solve the problem, and I didn't find anything like this in the Internet. :crazy:

Would be great if anyone here could help me out.
Thanks in advance!

Surkow

I get an error as well.

[/tmp/Mupen64-amd64 x86 1.2.zip]
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /tmp/Mupen64-amd64 x86 1.2.zip or
/tmp/Mupen64-amd64 x86 1.2.zip.zip, and cannot find /tmp/Mupen64-amd64 x86 1.2.zip.ZIP, period.

Edit: Currently there is no completely working Windows version of Mupen64Plus. See this thread for more information.

Last edited:

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Yes, sorry. I'm trying though. We should have one some time around next release. In the meantime, install mudlord's Rice Video and try with that. It's a nice video plugin based off of one of the better plugins, IMHO, Rice Video 6.

OP

thank you all for your help.
Finally, the textures in the bg do appear, but now I have the problem that the game is running slowly, too slow.
Is my computer too old for the game? -.-
1800 mhz, 512mb-memory, 128mb-gfx-memory.
Is there any possibility to reduce the performance? I tried out few things but nothing happens.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No, your computer is not too old for the game. Reduce performance? Surely you mean increase the performance?

Sounds to me like the emulator is running in software mode, instead of actually using OpenGL like it's supposed to.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
It's either in software mode, in which case install your Graphics Drivers by grabbing them from the manufacturers site, or you have an Intel graphics card.

With most Intel graphics cards, there's not a chance in hell of using OpenGL to do anything. Apparently it works OK on Linux but I believe its a completely different OpenGL implementation which would explain why. In other words: Official Intel OpenGL sucks.

If you have a decent NVidia or ATi go to the manufacturers site and grab the appropriete drivers. Your in luck.

OP

Thank you all fpr your support!
Well, I'm sure, that I have a quite new version of my GFX-Crad driver. Anyway, it's the GeForce FX 5700 L.E.
I'm still unable to fix it. :plain: