What's new

Azimer's 0.5 Beef

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Azimer 0.5

Amazing plugin besides obviously jamming whenever you load a save state.

How do you solve this? This would be the greatest sound plugin of all if I could get this sorted...

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
... apart from the fact that UltraHLE 1.0.0 actually didn't have this problem, and infact had reasonably good audio quality.

This is frustrating because Jabo's would be ideal if it didn't lag on my PC by about 3/4 of a second, and Azimer's would be good if only it didn't mess up with saves!

Arrrrggghhh any suggestions?

Azimer

Emulator Developer
It has nothing to do with HLE Audio Qun Mang. This is the first I have EVER heard of the problem. Are your jamming problems the no sound when loading a savestate problem? I know this happens spontaneously. My .5x series of audio plugins was the start of a new audio specification.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Well, I never said I was certain of this. It was just a guess off the top of my head since the sound problems happen when using those plugins. Come to think of it, I don't think that version of Azimer's plugin is HLE anyway now that I look at the plugins in my folder- I think that is the one called AziSndLLE.dll which definitely suggests it is LLE not HLE. So I was wrong. Oh well...

Of course I could also be misinterpreting Xade's jamming problem as a no sound problem (the one I get). It is not spontaneous with me- it happens all the time with certain audio plugins which is why I guessed that it may have something to do with HLE audio.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm confused. The filename for .55.1 is AziSndLLE.dll but the plugin selection says "Azimer's HLE Audio v0.55.1 Alpha." So which is it, HLE or LLE?

Last edited:
OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
It's essentially no sound, but not. I hear the other game sounds, so I can still play, but there's a hideous screaching sound jam over the top, like a seperate channel or something.

A real pain in the ass. It works fine if I play games without save states, but that's impractical.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Definitely not the same problem then. Fortunately there are always different options around including Schibo's (1964 only AFAIK) and Azimer's older .40 beta 2. Also try a different emulator- if you're using PJ64 try 1964. If you are using 1964, that may be your problem anyway since someone mentioned the Azimer .55 currently works properly only with the audiofix version of PJ64 he released with the plugin. Or is it .50 beta 2 you're using? Anyway, my point is fool around with different emulators and plugins. One of them is bound to work better for you.

EDIT: I just tried the 0.50 beta 2 plugin myself and I get this jamming problem you describe playing Zelda:MM. On the Audiofix version of PJ64 (yeah I know, it's designed to work with 0.55 Alpha not 0.50 beta 2) when the sound first came on as the mask flies toward the screen and back it jammed as you described it right away. I decided to try it in PJ64 1.51 and it jammed after a save state. My recommendation is definitely to try a different plugin as this is the only one that gave me this problem. My specs? 1.1GHz Athlon, SB Live Gamer sound, Win XP, 384MB RAM, using Glide64 0.70ME w/eVoodoo 3.99 on a Radeon 7500 (64MB).

Last edited:

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Azimer said:
Unfortunately, no one adopted my audio ideas. So I can not help.
/me makes a mental note as to just who is making the posts I am actually replying to. The plugin author himself... Sorry 'bout that Azimer... :cool:

So is it true what was said (and I repeated) that the last version of your plugin causes some problems on any emu but the PJ64 Audiofix version (at least until 1964 1.0 comes out)? It would be so refreshing to have said something right for once. :plain:

Thanks for writing a good audio plugin BTW. Yours is the one I tend to use besides Schibo's.

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
I've actually tried your 0.55 alpha plugin Azimer and bizarrely enough this problem has ceased despite me running the plugin with 1964 0.9.9...

I'll post back if there's any trouble but... weirdly... seems to have stopped. Nice plugin in any case.

EDIT: Arrrrrgghhh! Spoiled by the latency that is ruining n64 emulation for me! Every sound plugin I use now is out of sync in both 1964 and pj64 by about half a second. This is so annoying. It's all great barring this. The rest of my system is fine sound-wise...

Last edited:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Qun, you are correct. I implemented a rough new plugin spec into PJ64 1.4 source and released it as an audio fix with hydro thunder audio support. What I needed to do in emulation was get Apollo to the point where it could run games at a decent speeds and THEN fix all the lasting issues with N64 emulation. Unfortunately, I ran out of time. :( I guess I COULD have done this with Pj64 1.4... but then that would be just silly seeing PJ64 isn't exactly dead.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Azimmer your plugins is great, never had an issue exept the obvious ones where there's no audio. But it is by far the best sounding one :)

(too bad speed is limited no matter what in 1964 though :()

Legend

The following games work fine for me using the new 1964 and this plugin, and sound better than any other plugin I think. All the other games I've tried have to big of a reduction in FPS. Can't wait for 1964 1.0. Hopefully some news will pop up soon about it-I thought it was mainly going to be a bug fix version.

Beetle Racing
Extreme G2
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Pilotwings
Paper mario
Super smash
Virtual Pool

BountyJedi

i know this is reviving an old thread =p but were can i get azimers 5.5 in a binary state? (i tried on the apollo homesite only found a sourcecode and i dont really got the right programs for compiling stuff)

and is there one? or do i need to get some proggies from somewhere =p so i can compile it
in that case what programs
(ive got one c++ program but i dont think its able to compile this code cuz i dunno =p)

edit_seems i found something on some other forum or seomthing =p well =p

Last edited: