What's new

Audio/Visual Problems

thespungo5

Hey everybody, I just downloaded 1964 and I'm very excited to begin playing all these old games.

When playing Goldeneye, the sound is terrible and sketchy, the graphics are bad, and the gameplay is slow and stuttering.

Here are my specs, hopefully all I need is a simple plug-in or two and i'm on my way to a good rom experience:

Windows XP Home Edition - Service Pack2
2.00 GHz, 725 GB of RAM
Sapphire Radeon 9200SE Atlantis 128 MB
Logitech Dual Action PC Controller

Now, from reading through these forums a bit, i've seen that some plug-ins do not work with certain games. The only games I plan on playing are All-Star Baseball 1999-2001, Goldeneye, and any Madden's if I can find them.

Any help would be appreciated, and I look forward to stoping by these forums on a regular basis!

Last edited:

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
Wait... Let me see. what plugin are you using? Rice 6.1.0 is running fine on my PC (see specs below) Uprgrade to 6.1.0 and it should work...

Respond.

Neospy

OP
T

thespungo5

Great! I'm glad to see someone trying to help!

Ok, I gave the Rice Plug-in a try, and it only messed things up more. Instead of distorted graphics like before, with the Rice plug-in I got no graphics, just black screen.

Before all of this, I was using all the default settings for plug-ins.

And the sound was still very messed up, as well.

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
Well, have you tried older plugins like Jabo's DirectX 6 or DirectX 7 plugins?
Also, what settings on rice 6.10 did you edit?

Neospy

OP
T

thespungo5

I've edited nothing to my knowledge, because I really don't know too much of what i'm doing. I downloaded the Rice plug-in, selected it in the plug-in menu, and that's all I did.

After checking everything out, i've come to the following conclusions:

With Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0, the default plug-in for 1964 version 9.9, I get the following problems: I can see menu's, and still pictures perfect, but moving graphics and backgrounds are messed up. This is the same for all the games i've downloaded, mario kart, indiana jones, goldeneye, tony hawk, and 1080 snowboarding.

With Rice's 6.1.0 I get no graphics whatsoever, just blank screens.

My computer has all the latest Direct X updates, so would the plug-ins you reccomended still be needed?

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
Well, 6 & & DirectX plugins work great even with DirectX 9.0. About rice's 6.1.0b: click plug-ins, video settings..., then the directx tab. Try messing with the combiner type. If your card supports Pixel Shader, choose Semi-Pixel or Pixel shader.

OP
T

thespungo5

There are so many different combinations of settings, it'd take days to figure out the correct configurations.

And then add in the fact that I have no idea what i'm doing, and it's safe to say that i'm never going to get this to work on my own.

Based on the symptoms i've described, is there any solution that anyone can see helping me out?