What's new

Ati Rage 128 (Mobility M4, specifically)

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Can anyone tell me from personal experience what the best video plugin is for this card? It really is a piece of junk, it lies about it's capabilities in the drivers, I think, which really screws you.

I have found Glide64/eVoodoo to be the best, ironically. It's not flawless, though. Jabo's has glitches, which are solved by turning on the validate blending option (which has been removed,) but it then causes new glitches...

TR64 seems to work GREAT, but I can't get it to work in fullscreen. ARGH!

Hope this helps someone other than I. I'd upgrade my video card, but alas I have a laptop.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Glide64 & eVoodoo is known to be very kind to low-end specs for a long time. Rice's plugin is getting kind too, so those plugins are for low-end specers.

OP
nephalim

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
flow`` said:
try updating your drivers..
you can get the modded 3.2 ones with mobility support here-> http://www.driverheaven.net/downloads/index2.htm

Those are Radeon Mobility drivers, unfortunately. I could try installing some hacked rage 128 drivers, as someone said they have had little problems, but who knows if it'll work for my Mobility M4.

As for my problem with TR64, it has been solved. It seems to work fine on my GFX card. It's a great plugin, and I anxiously await future releases, although at the moment Glide64 seems to still be just a tiny bit better (and if those eVoodoo issues would be solved it would be near perfect.)