What's new

Arcade Emulation Problems.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Do not unzip anything. MAME and other emulator that emulate the Neo-Geo require that the BIOS file are zipped at all times in Neogeo.zip.

Most (if not all) arcade emulators only work with zipped sets. And why would you have to get a FilePlanet account just to get MAME32 when you can just put MAME32 in Google and download it from the homepage?

Allnatural

Agozer said:
And why would you have to get a FilePlanet account just to get MAME32 when you can just put MAME32 in Google and download it from the homepage?
The official homepage uses fileplanet. There are other sites that host the latest version of course.

smcd

There are several sets appearing in the list for me, lots of them are bootlegs so i didnt try them, but of the non-bootlegs, 2 of them worked fine and one had graphical errors.

sb iq

Kewl, I got it to run on MAME32Plus.

How do I re-map the buttons? For example, I want all my punch buttons on the top part of my gamepad and the kick buttons right below it.

Last edited:

Shpongled

News Junkie
Hello...

I've attached the Controller file that I use in MAME32... I assume it works in MAME+, since if I remember correctly they both use the same input thingy...

First, you gotta change the file from ".txt" to ".cfg" because it wouldn't let me upload it onto the forums as ".cfg"

I think you gotta put it into the "ctrlr" folder, that is inside your MAME directory.

Then you gotta go to Options Menu > Default Options > Controller Tab and set the default input layout to use the "My_Controller.cfg"

To insert a coin press "1" for player 1, and "Q" to start the game. The rest of the buttoms are on the controller. You can manually change the .cfg file by opening it with the basic Windows Notepad if you want to change any of the keys around.

Lemme know if it works or if there are problems...

Shpongled

News Junkie
sb iq said:
How do you make a save state in MAME32Plus? I keep hitting shift-F7 but it keeps saying error.

Did you happen to use the text file that I uploaded? :plain: Just wondering cause I didn't hear back from you.