What's new

Another Day, Another Problem...

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
I got the IO Control Error and I searched this forum for "IO Control" and I found a way by downloading FrogASPI but, as it free'd Chankast of IO Control Errors it also made it incredibly slow, to the point that it won't get past the Sega Logo before providing me a white screen.

My Computer Specifications:
Sony VAIO : Model VGC-RB57GY : Graphics ATI Radeon X1600 Pro PCIe(X300 Pre-Installed) : Screen Resolution 1280x1024 Flatscreen Panel High Definition : Refurbished : Original Speakers Busted : Using Altec Lansings with Woofer (that are better than original) : ASPI Drivers Installed : 320 Gigabyte Hard Drive Capacity : 1 Gigabyte RAM Installed : External Hard Drive (100 Gigabytes) :

grimworld

I used to have this problem too

First if your using windows xp you can use the CDRom interface xxx which will not need an ASPI file.

If you do want to use a ASPI WINASPI.DLL i used that one you can easily find and download it from google

I hope this helps you in any way

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I suggest that you try Daemon Tools 3.29. Supposedly it solves IO Control errors.

Agozer

Thundaar said:
I am using it and really, it hasn't at all helped me.... :(
I really don't know a proper response to that... Daemon Tools 4.03 does the same thing? Do all CD images give you IO Control errors?

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
I have only tried the Sonic Series not anything else, however I think that my specs are more than good enough and that if other people can run it on worse specs then what issue may I be facing? Please help me I used to always go to CompUSA just to play the demo for the game and I've always wanted to play it but, my mom could never buy me it.... Plus I'm really anxious to play it... Oddly also, even when my computer is configured to an ATI card and had a card installed in it(X300) there are Intel 945G Drivers in it... Please explain this much to me as to why they're there...

*EDIT* I uninstalled them, they're in WINDOWS->Drivers and there's a folder called Intel 945G or something....

Last edited:

Agozer

Even if you uninstall drivers doesn't always remove the folders as well. That doesn't maen that drivers weren't uninstalled however.

IO Errors in Chankast have virtually nothing to do with computer specs.

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Actually...

I installed the new one then tried to install the older one... I'll just uninstall it and try to install the 3.29 then post my results....

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
I tried it and this is my result after clicking "OK" to all of the IO Control error windows.... It got to the SEGA screen but, the Chankast EMU whited out after that... I have no clue what to do, I've tried all I could, now I could try to do it with the files that I could not join but, will have to find a way now because it could be because there is something wrong with the ROM itself... Thanks for your help, if anyone else has any more suggestions, I'm up to taking them...

Agozer

Clicking OK to make all the IO Control messages go away doesn't magically make the game work, you know. :/

The fact of the matter is that so far, the only way that people have been able to avoid the IO Control error messages is to use Daemon Tools 3.29. If that doesn't work for you (for whatever reason) there's not much hope in getting people to give you any other advice.

Heartless as it may seem, this is the gist of it.