What's new

Another controller problem

alx3400

Hi,
I have a controller like this:

http://cgi.ebay.de/USB-Dual-Shock-PC-Gamepad-PC-Controller-NEU-OVP_W0QQitemZ330368913242QQihZ014QQcategoryZ78921QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m444QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DCRX%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DSI%252BUA%252BLM%252BLA%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63

It is pretty much a cheap PS2-like controller.

The Buttons all work fine, but i can't configure or use the sticks, so I can't move in the game.

If I try to reconfigure something like the selection for "left" und then press the stick to the left, it says "Sorry, the input selection made is already in use" although i don't see how it should be in use already.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Does Windows (I'm assuming that's what you're using) detect the controller and its buttons and analog axes properly? If not, calibrate the sticks. If the gamepad comes with any sort of drivers (or the manufacturer's site has them) I'd suggest installing those.

Allnatural

It's also possible the sticks are overly sensitive, so the plugin will detect movement before you've actually moved the sticks. Try setting the deadzone higher. Much higher if necessary. That should at least allow you to configure the plugin, at which point you can turn the deadzone back down.