What's new

ALSA Device selection with gap-plugin

shrkbait

After a little mucking (needed a bunch of extra #include statements), I got gap-plugin 0.5 to compille and run. http://sourceforge.net/projects/gap-plugin/ Has anyone else gotten this to work? I am on a fully updated FC3 system. My main issue is that I cannot find any place to choose which ALSA device I want to use. The config plugin lets me pick ALSA, and buffer amounts, etc., but not my device. For mplayer for instance, I use 'ao=alsa:device=digital', and in mythtv it is 'ALSA:digital'. When I run mupen I get and error about not opeing /dev/dsp, so I am pretty sure it is not doing anything ALSA.

I have tried OSS emulation but /dev/dsp won't get created for me no matter what I do.

If anyone can talk about their experience getting mupen out SPDIF, please write!

mike_k

Same problems.
I am trying to get any sound of mupen64...
Maybe I'll try to play with alsa virtual devices and redirect sound threads.
And someday I'll want SPDIF too =(

OP
S

shrkbait

Ah, the activity had me so excited! I thought maybe someone got it working. Best of luck. Would love to be playing Mario Kart from my myth box

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
You can also use the SDL audio plugin and define the following environment variables:

SDL_AUDIODRIVER="alsa"
AUDIODEV=default

replace default by whatever audio device you want to use.

OP
S

shrkbait

Wanted to confirm using the jttl_audio.so Audio plugin with the above two ENV variables more or less works. Audio is not perfect. A slight mix of static and echo. And only on certain tracks it seems.

If there is documentation anywhere around parameters to the other alsa plugins, please post.

Enlil

I downloaded that gap plug-in, but I'm not able ton install it :eek:

I have weird errors during the ./configure, such as "gtk-confing: command not found", and after make and make install (with errors during), it's still not installed :s

I tried with the SDL plug-in, but I can't configure it :eek: the "configure" button doens't respond :s

OP
S

shrkbait

If you are referring to the configure GUI, I am not sure from memory if there is any options to actually configure. You just make sure the two environment variables mentioned above are set before playing.

I did get gap to compile a while ago. It may have been edited with examples found here in the forum. You may want to edit ./configure and make sure it points to a gtk you have. I remember it picking ones i didn't have.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
shrkbait said:
Wanted to confirm using the jttl_audio.so Audio plugin with the above two ENV variables more or less works. Audio is not perfect. A slight mix of static and echo. And only on certain tracks it seems.

If there is documentation anywhere around parameters to the other alsa plugins, please post.

These parameters are not plugin specific, it's just the normal way to configure SDL to use ALSA.