What's new

Addicted to Glide

Flash

Technomage
Reznor007 said:
Technically Voodoo(any version) doesn't support the neccessary blend modes for even OpenGL 1.2.

Claiming to have OpenGL 1.3 doesn't mean much, when most of the features are not supported.

I don't really know but all listed extensions are suported in MesaFX (of course there's some software emulation )
And how about screenshot of UT2K3 @ 1024x768x32 w/ 4xFSAA running without any bugs on V5 6000 and minimal FPS is 25
UT2K3 can't run with OGL 1.1 and afaik 1.2...

Reznor007

Colourless(GlideXP author) himself has said that VSA-100 lacks the necessary blends for OpenGL 1.2. Having dot product 3 texture blending and 3d textures in software doesn't get you much anyway...

Kahenraz

Can a voodo 5 pci be used as a glide add-in card? I've also heard people talk about using dual voodoo2s for splitting scanline operations or something. Does anyone know about this?

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
i still prefer playing descent 3 with a voodoo card, the game supports glide3x, opengl & directx7 but it still feels weird with the last two api's...
really miss my dead voodoo2 :(

got a voodoo3 though...

Reznor007

A Voodoo3/4/5 can be used as a Glide only card, but you would need a second monitor, or a video switchbox to switch to when you activate a Glide game.

A Voodoo2's can be used at the same time with a cable that links the 2 boards. It's called SLI(scan line interleave) as each card renders each other scan line, effectively making it twice as fast.

OP
sheik124

sheik124

Emutalk Member
Kahenraz said:
I've also heard people talk about using dual voodoo2s for splitting scanline operations or something. Does anyone know about this?
its not just talk, i have mine set up like that :)

you really don't need a KVM switch OR second monitor, just go back there and switch the wire or use DVI for your main video card and VGA for the Voodoo, its what i am doing when i get ma new PC

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Clements, what drivers for a voodoo2 would you recommend? I've had a couple lying around for a couple years and I only recently put one in. Most of the drivers I've tried from voodoofiles have only resulted in serious problems in XP, which made me have to format. I know that I can't have Direct3D support, but I'm really not looking for that anyway. Just something that'll look good with gl64, PSX emulation ect. ect. Thanks. :)

Flash

Technomage
Modem said:
Clements, what drivers for a voodoo2 would you recommend? I've had a couple lying around for a couple years and I only recently put one in. Most of the drivers I've tried from voodoofiles have only resulted in serious problems in XP, which made me have to format. I know that I can't have Direct3D support, but I'm really not looking for that anyway. Just something that'll look good with gl64, PSX emulation ect. ect. Thanks. :)
http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/3dfx/voodoo2/index.htm

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Heh heh. Yeah, found that not too long after I posted this. Had to regester at a couple places to get one freaking link, but I finally found that place, and and currently using the 4.0 Gold Drivers. Workin' pretty damn well, though the 4 half moons/suns in Zelda is kinda weird. :)