What's new

Adaptoid and saves

btoddkelley

My first post so be gentle if this is a stupid question! I am using project 64 a.6 with the adaptiod plug in 2.01. I am also using mamewah to launch p64 from the command line in an arcade cabinet rather than using the GUI. Project 64 saves to a real n64 memcard through the adaptoid perfectly. My question is, can project 64 be set up to save to the hard drive (virtual memory card?) while using the adaptoid? Remember I am launching from a front end. Ideally I would like project 64 to look to the hardrive just as it does the memory card now.
I think P64 is a great emulator. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
Todd

smcd

I'd just use Jabo's plugin and configure it to your adapted n64 controller. That's what I do and it works fine, and allows a file to be used for the memory card instead of a real one.

OP
B

btoddkelley

Thnaks for the quick response. Do you know if Jabo's input plug in will require any adjustments once it is set up? When I first used P64 2 years ago I had problems with my converter box (not an adaptoid) losing the sensitivity settings. The user would have to go into window control panel and adjust the controller before every use.(Each time the controller was plugged in). My front end is set as the shell, so accessing either a GUI or the control panel is very hard to do. Also, do you lose any other functionality by moving away from the adaptoid plug in?

Thanks
Todd

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Jabo's plugin might be a little difficult to work with, but you should be able to make the adjustments one time only. If you have trouble with Jabo's plugin, try the more fully featured n-rage plugin.