What's new

a little survey, benchmarking Chankast. List your spec and your fps please

heyheyhey3

Hello, i recently bought a new computer with an e6400 core 2 duo. But it seems my performance in chankast has actually went down from when I used my brother's athlon x2 3800 machine. This is pretty strange since the e6400 should leave the 3800 in the dust.

So anyway i just want to see what average fps everyone's getting and what kind of computer they are using. Sorry if this is alot of trouble. The games i'm particularly interested in are Soul Calibur, MvC2, Shenmue, sword of berserk, and Resident Evil code veronica. So if you can list the fps and your specs it would really help me to make comparisons. Thank you

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Chankast runs much faster on AMD Athlon CPUs than on Intel CPUs. Even if you have a very decent Intel CPU it doesn't do some certain things as fast as Athlon CPUs do, Chankast needs these certain "things" to be fast and since they are not speed is greatly affected.

Mouser X

Lucky me, I got an AMD 2ghz 64bit CPU... Though, I'm running on a GeForce 4. As for FPS, I've never had any noticeable issues. At least, for Skies of Arcadia. I can't say much for any other games, because SoA is the only one I've played extensively. Ecco and Elemental Gimmick Gear either didn't run, or weren't graphically emulated right. And I don't have any other DC images to try on Chankast. Hopefully that's somewhat useful, at least. Mouser X over and out.

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
I have a 2GHZ AMD with a Radeon 9250 and most of my games run at about 22/30fps according to Chankast. The stats usually don't say 20/60fps for some reason. I know that the games that I'm playing are 60fps. Well, Sonic Adventure is 30 and it runs fullspeed.

knuzcano

AMD 2000+ 1.5 Ghz with Radeon 9600 and i get 20-35 fps average on Jet Grind
Radio and Soul Calibur
no major graphics problems except for Soul Calibur menus, but they are just color/texture screwups mainly, not a big deal
im gettin sonic adventure right now ill tell how that runs when its done

Last edited:

beevis

running a core 2 duo [email protected], 2gb, 7600gt.

all games run far too fast ,ikaruga 60-120fps,power stone 2 60-120fps,shenmue 2 45-120fps.most games seem to average around 90-110 in general play.

i know about the 60hz+vsync+full screen to limit the fps to 60 but is there anyway to limit the fps to 60 in window mode?

Flash

Technomage
beevis;359079 i know about the 60hz+vsync+full screen to limit the fps to 60 but is there anyway to limit the fps to 60 in window mode?[/QUOTE said:
vsync settings in nVidia/ATI/3Dlabs drivers work both for fullscreen and window modes

wgary

Chancast has problem with my duo on my computer. I have to set it to use only one processor or it dies.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Chancast has problem with my duo on my computer. I have to set it to use only one processor or it dies.
IIRC, Chankast has problems on all dual-core computers unless you set it to use only one processor.

spyguy0045

I run a Pentium D 820 (smithfield) @ 3.0Ghz
1.5 GB DDR2-533 RAM
ATI X800 (overclocked to pro speeds)

and get 48-58 FPS (slightly slower than normal) for all non-water levels in soul calibur (the only game I play on DC).

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
All games I've tried run way too fast without me overclocking the CPU (forcing vsync and refresh rate to 60 helps games that run at 60fps, but those that run at xx/30 run much too fast). If the game runs at 60FPS, my computer has no trouble keeping 60/60. Like I said above, I have to force vsync and a refresh rate of 60 otherwise it's too fast.

IE, in JGR I have to set the CPU to 200 to get near 30/30, in which it's still a little too fast (32/30ish), but that's the best I've gotten.

AMD CPUs are definitely more suited for Chankast. I just wish the speed limiting issue wasn't present.

Last edited: