What's new

Jnes is a wonderful thing.

mrpectate

My sister and I had some great times playing Nintendo. It was always a great way to spend a rainy day. I was smart enough to stop trading in my games so I have a nice big collection of titles. One thing I always did was stock pile extra systems. I wanted to make sure that when we were 100, we could still have great times. Well, NES's don't last forever, and it actually worried me. All these games and no way to play them. I had a sense of loss as a lot of memories could never be revisited.

Along come these very talented coders who share their talents with the world, and suddenly I have a very secure feeling. An emulator may be just a challenge to a coder, but it's great emulators like Jnes (my personal favorite) that are keeping history and possibilities alive. The emulation scene is a museum, and I just hope that one day I can put up an exhibit for someone else to enjoy! ;)

Thanks for reading this. :D

Kyletcu

8 directional control?

Since you have several games for the Nintendo and remember the old days... Do you remember about the super controller called the NES Advantage which had a joystick with 8 directional control (Up, Diagonal NE, Right, Diagonal SE, Down, Diagonal SW, Left, and Diagonal NW), turbo and slow motion options.

Do you know of any patches, plugins, or updates that include a NES Advantage emulation or at least the ability to enter in 8 directions instead of just Up, Down, Left, and Right.

OP
M

mrpectate

I still have a couple of those somewhere! I don't know if any emus have specifically supported the diagonals, but I find that if I move diagonally, the emus respond that way. I couldn't think of a good NES game to test that on, do you know of one that uses diagonals that would be good to test an emu with? Now I wanna know. Also, I just read the other day about an adapter that let's you plug a real NES controller into your computer. I'll post any info I can find on that, I forgot where I saw it but I should be able to find it again. :D