What's new

GeForce DDR compatible with SDRAM?

0N1 L1nK

hi,
Im new to this hardware stuff but anyway...
I was wondering wheter a GeForce4 MX440 64Mb DDR , would be compatible with SD RAM (192MB) on the motherboard. Im asking this because the GeForce has DDR written on the end of it. I had my hopes set on this card 'cos its the cheapest of the GeForce4 MXs, and it's within my budget.

Eagle

aka Alshain
OK, DDR means it has DDR Ram on the card, in this case 64 mb of it. It works regardless of whether or not there is DDR SDRAM or normal 72pin SDRAM on the motherboard, as the memory bus for the card is on the card not the motherboard, the only time the two sets of memory interact is through the CPU which is capable of telling the difference between the two.

OP
0N1 L1nK

0N1 L1nK

Another Question...

I've got another question..
what type of CPU would best suit a Geforce4 MX440?
I was looking at a Duron1300, but then someone told me to get an Athlon1700XP, which is around 50% more expensive.

Cyberman

Re: Another Question...

0N1 L1nK said:
I've got another question..
what type of CPU would best suit a Geforce4 MX440?
I was looking at a Duron1300, but then someone told me to get an Athlon1700XP, which is around 50% more expensive.
Duron's are cool and nice for low price stuff. The Athlon XP is much more powerful for example the 1700 has much better FPU support and MMX power. Essentially it comes to price though. Getting an XP 1700 is a better investment that a Duron.

Cyb