Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

N64 Goldeneye Mouse Support

Goldeneye 007 is a superb FPS for the N64, however emulating it has proven to be a bit of a problem for the standard keyboard and mouse users. I've tested Goldeneye on 1964, SupraHLE, UltraHLE, Nemu64 and of course Project 64. Out of all of them Project 64 comes out on top. (on my computer)

To use a mouse you have to download N-Rage's D-Input plugin ( http://go.to/nrage ) It took me a while configuring the controls to set-up the mouse and get the aiming user-friendly. It now operates like a normal PC FPS.

I have attached my control setup file (.cpf file) so if you haven't set it up already, then you can save a bit of time.

The .zip contains a readme file which i suggest you read so you are familiar with the setup that i used.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I know most people here already know about the mouse support, but i just thought I'd share my config for the people who need it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy!
    Last edited by kingjubba; November 9th, 2002 at 06:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

N64 Thx

No idea bout mouse support, cool dude...
    None else to say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no probs mate :thumbsup:

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, that was well over a year ago. I think people are using this plugin now.
    Qun --> Klingon for God
    Mang --> Klingon for Man
    Qun + Mang = God's Man or Man of God

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't suppose it is possible to put use the absolute x and y to make aiming easier without screwing up the walking mode?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amused_one View Post
    I don't suppose it is possible to put use the absolute x and y to make aiming easier without screwing up the walking mode?
    You'll need to create a modifier so that the absolute x,y setting will only be active when the 'aim' button is held down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjubba View Post
    Goldeneye 007 is a superb FPS for the N64, however emulating it has proven to be a bit of a problem for the standard keyboard and mouse users. I've tested Goldeneye on 1964, SupraHLE, UltraHLE, Nemu64 and of course Project 64. Out of all of them Project 64 comes out on top. (on my computer)
    1964 emulates this game better than all of those. It's not that its default graphics plugin does, it's just that its core does. You need to give it a substitute graphics plugin, like Rice's Video Plugin. Furthermore, 1964 already comes with this input plugin you write of.

The reason you thought Project64 was the best, like most people, was because of the graphics plugin. If it weren't for that plugin, so much would be different. If there was no such thing as friendship and teamwork, a lot with emulation would be different. 1964 would be more buggy than it is now, Nemu64 wouldn't be reknowned for its audio emulation, and I don't know if Project64 would ever have been invented.

And then there's the mystery of Mupen64....

EDIT: Also, a link.
    http://members.chello.at/n-rage/dinput8/index.html
    Last edited by Iconoclast; June 16th, 2007 at 00:11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know, they should sticky this thread. How many different people asking about setting this up. Great job and a big help!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjubba View Post
    Goldeneye 007 is a superb FPS for the N64, however emulating it has proven to ....
    Can you update your config for N-Rate V2 2.00b please

Also, when we use Solitaire configuration within game, the YELLOW UP/DOWN don't jump or crouch anymore. Anyone know how to resolve this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast