What's new

UltraHLE 2.0 Questions and Suggestions.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Both Epsilon and RealityMan have officially quit the UltraHLE project. Epsilon quit very soon after the first release, RealityMan carried on with UltraHLE for several months before he quit too.

RealityMan is currently working on Jagulator and most probably won't answer questions on UltraHLE. No one knows what happened to Epsilon...

Stezo2k

S-2K
Lillymon said:
No one knows what happened to Epsilon...

i got a feeling that its something to do with nintendo, mabie they paid him, so he wouldnt create another nintendo based emulator. apparently epsilon did most of the work for the ultrahle project.

i doubt realitymans' work on ultrahle after the release was real, else he would of released some of it, screenshots arnt always real

Stez

sk8bloke22

roll for life
lol, why would a massive corporation pay someone to stop pirating (which is wat they would hav viewed uhle as), they might sue someone and get more money, but they would NEVER give money. who knows why he quit, but thats in the past now, im sure one day ppl might find out, just as the source was finally leaked.

Gugaman

if nintendo had sued him, he could say the emulator is free, and the ROMS are piracy...
but paying him would be much cheaper and it worked... (at least until the source came out)

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
back on topic please, wait there is no topic because someone mad a thread a bout asking questions when the team said DONT ASK QUESTIONS!!! oh well time to spam!!

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
what really happened was Epsilon was assassinated by an assassian simply known as agent 47...... though i never really believed he existed...

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Tri-Force said:
back on topic please, wait there is no topic because someone mad a thread a bout asking questions when the team said DONT ASK QUESTIONS!!! oh well time to spam!!

It would seem to me that the UHLE 2.0 team asked that no one bother them with questions directly. It is up to them if they want to respond to what we are talking about here. Seriously they cannot expect such a grand annoucement to be made and then the community to sit by hush hush about it. :)

We are simply discussing what would be cool to see in UHLE's future. Wether it be with the 2.0 version being worked on or someone else's hack.

And not to sound out of line, but this particular forum is called UltraHLE. So to me that means anything related to that subject may be discussed within the limits of the board rules themselves.

Am i wrong?

Last edited:

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
yes because the name of the thread is UltraHLE 2.0 questions and suggestions. somthing that the Mod of the board (who is also on the 2.0 team) doesn't want.

Soujirou

Spider Carnage!
Tri-Force said:
yes because the name of the thread is UltraHLE 2.0 questions and suggestions. somthing that the Mod of the board (who is also on the 2.0 team) doesn't want.
yeaaaa but he probably meant that he won't be answering any more questions... so it's perfectly fair just to talk about it... I'm sure he wouldn't want a third thread for it... why not just keep the talk about it in here?

Theboy

What i would like to see would be ultrahle ported over to Xbox. With its low system requirements the Xbox would run ultrahle just perfect. I could see it now. High Definition TV connected to my Xbox and me playing MarioKart64. sound wouldnt even faze the emulator. Would run a sweet as pie!

Lyzel

While I hope UltraHLE 2.0 lives up to what UltraHLE 1.0 was... I sure find the way the team is going about it wrong... ? You cannot ask questions? You cannot suggest anything? You must sit and wait? There are many curious minds that would like to know what's going on.. We don't want a repeat of RealityCrapMan ....

I hope their attitude changes.... A fan base loyalty will disintegrate if they are treated this way...

oDD

/me odd
Lyzel said:
I hope their attitude changes.... A fan base loyalty will disintegrate if they are treated this way...

Why should their attitude change? They aren’t getting anything out of doing this. They are spending their own time to help the community and what they are doing requires a great deal of hard work and effort. They already have enough goals to accomplish and don’t need any more lamers requesting stupid little features that would take their focus off the main task at hand. Also they aren’t coding this to win fans and I’m sure they wouldn’t care if they lost you as a fan because of your pettiness. Grow up... :angry:

I hate to flame but some people need to wake up.. :)

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Hmm i'll post an answer before the flamming start to grow...
Believe us, it's better for everyone that we don't waste our time to answer questions. Firstly because things can't progress as fast as user expect. Some people think that an emu can make much progress everyday, but it's impossible, it's a slow process, that needs discussion in the team, testing and many other things. Then most questions are very specific and are asking about what will be implemented. Generally we can't answer this kind of question because we can't know what we will have time to do, what bugs will appear... For example, you can't say, this game will work, we can eventually try to make it working but we can't be sure to have any result.... so it's better to not give much infos on what we are doing coz it might put expectations too high.

Now take it like this, the less you know, the bigger the surprise will be :)

Oh and of course questions and suggestions will be welcolmed after the release ;)

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I don't care how long the release takes, as long as it fixes my persistant 'retraces pending counter reset' problem or at least replaces it with a new problem. ;)

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
the only quesiton i have doesn't have to do with coding but rather what machines it has been tested on thus far. not that any maachines had trouble with ultra in the first place but i was just wondering.

Lyzel

oDD said:
Lyzel said:

Why should their attitude change? They aren’t getting anything out of doing this. They are spending their own time to help the community and what they are doing requires a great deal of hard work and effort. They already have enough goals to accomplish and don’t need any more lamers requesting stupid little features that would take their focus off the main task at hand. Also they aren’t coding this to win fans and I’m sure they wouldn’t care if they lost you as a fan because of your pettiness. Grow up... :angry:

Relax man, no one is flaming. I asked a simple question.

Thanks Hacktarux! That's what I was hoping to hear :) :bunny:

the_great_d2

I'm up for some advanced cheating

Something that could be simplistic to apply would be a cheat system like on ZSNES.
Basically, one that allows you to seach all current values, and eliminate values by either specifying an exact value, greater than or less than, equal to last search, or unequal to last search...
And once value is narrowed down, the ability to assign a new value to it and/or to lock that value, and to save the information so that you can use it again later to cheat again.

Quvack

oDD said:

Agreed 100% :p Nice Post :)

Cyberman

Erg..

Let me simplify .. those working on the project have enough things to do before the initial release without taking time to answer questions. Bottom line programing anything is a pain, at least anything that runs reliably (I should know this! hehehe). They are doing it on there own time, think about it. Time is valuable you can't replace it once it's wasted on something. Would you rather they have a release a month earlier .. as opposed to answering questions?

They can't possibly know what platforms it will work on or what features it will have etc. They just started on it, even before the release I personally wouldn't want to say something works without testing it. ALL of this takes time. Suggestions etc are welcome as Hacktarux said AFTER it's released.

I am working on a project with someone in the PSX, I really don't want someone wasting my time asking to add a feature I am already working on or one that can't possibly be done until I've completed what I WANTED TO DO first .. as I said time is valuable, let them get things done as they see fit.

I hope this makes sense.

Cyb