What's new

Detonator 40.71 Beta Drivers

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Is there any improvement in this new drivers? I Haven't installed them yet, because they are still Beta. Are they buggy or the are working perfect?

Valek

They suck. Period. Just to give you an idea of what life with 40.71's are like, here is a sample of what I went through during the day I used them.

- UT2003 didnt want to make friends with my new 40.71's, so it froze every time I wanted to run it, resulting in the need to pull the plug on my comp and reboot.

- UT, being a slightly nicer program, initially made friends with the new drivers and ran the intro movie. But as soon as UT got into the main menu, its feelings changed and decided to make my refresh rates go berserk. Ever try playing a game at 1280x960 at 60Hz? Dont.

- I thought to myself, 'Hey! Maybe if I reboot, things will be different?' Well, my 40.71's obviously had a bad attitude, and no single part of my system liked them for it. As soon as I booted up, Windows itself was fed up with the drivers and threw a temper-tantrum. It decided to remain in a BSOD untill the drivers were removed.

Just wait till they are out of beta...Im sure they will be fixed by then. I use 30.30...they are godly.

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
they are very good drivers.
if you combined them with the new RivaTuner you can tweak just about anything.
just make sure you uninstall your old drivers first!
wich some noobs forget to do and thats why they end up with their noobish conflicts.

ra5555

N64 Newbie
it really depends on your graphics card, since the detonator 4 is really for geforce 4, so if you have that you have to get it. But if you don't have GF4, then it doesn't really make much difference, athough it won't hurt to get it :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
B*A*G*G said:
they are very good drivers.
if you combined them with the new RivaTuner you can tweak just about anything.
just make sure you uninstall your old drivers first!
wich some noobs forget to do and thats why they end up with their noobish conflicts.

LOL :happy:

Stezo2k

S-2K
Valek said:
They suck. Period. Just to give you an idea of what life with 40.71's are like, here is a sample of what I went through during the day I used them.

- UT2003 didnt want to make friends with my new 40.71's, so it froze every time I wanted to run it, resulting in the need to pull the plug on my comp and reboot.

- UT, being a slightly nicer program, initially made friends with the new drivers and ran the intro movie. But as soon as UT got into the main menu, its feelings changed and decided to make my refresh rates go berserk. Ever try playing a game at 1280x960 at 60Hz? Dont.

- I thought to myself, 'Hey! Maybe if I reboot, things will be different?' Well, my 40.71's obviously had a bad attitude, and no single part of my system liked them for it. As soon as I booted up, Windows itself was fed up with the drivers and threw a temper-tantrum. It decided to remain in a BSOD untill the drivers were removed.

Just wait till they are out of beta...Im sure they will be fixed by then. I use 30.30...they are godly.

Looks like they didnt like the system they was installed on :p they work absolutly fine for me, and seem a lot faster than the 30 drivers :) i can finally run Stepmania + Animations (which slow down the game a lot) @ 60FPS @ 800x600 :D

Stez

icepir8

They such for win98se. They are ok on XP. I have a few minor problems with xp version. I have major problems with them on win98. I have GF2 cards on both systems, so its not the cards.

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
well what do you know.
looks like nvidia just released detonator 40.72.
time to update again...... (what a pain in the ass)

Josep

eyerun4phun
Stezo2k said:
Josep said:
haha, they work good withdx9....;)

any idea when the official version is out BTW? Cuz i heard that theres quite a speed increase with direct X 9

Stez

not a clue, but it increases everything immensely, much more fluid, i'll keep it simple;)

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
just tested the new 40.72's that were released yesterday.
they seem like good drivers, not much diffrent from the 40.71's but they do seem to take my 3dmark score down a notch. the nature test was a few frames lower (not that im complaining about it cause im sure its due to bug fixes).
these drivers still are not certified by microsoft but who the hell cares right?