What's new

New Releases

jhonny

BOOT CD FOR EMUs ?

I was also wondering will we (the users) need to use the DC boot cd by Utopia to play DC games on the emu ?

and Cyrus64 - can you please post some new screens and update your site !!! Im a huge fan !!! And i would like to see some new screens - even if little progress has been made ;)

B T W - KEEP IT UP DUDES !!! U R THE GUYS WHO SHOULD BE WORKING FOR BIG ASS COMPANIES AND EARNING LOTS OF $$$$ - U SMART GUYS !!! I wish i had the brains to write an emulator ;) BTW - is there a guide for that ? LOL - i would love to write my own ;)

Stezo2k

S-2K
nope we wouldnt need the boot cd and only the copied games would work on it, due to the pc not being able to read GD-roms

Stez

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Ripped GD roms could be played as ISOs

Jhonny : I spoke to lordcheese and he said this is a project he is working on alone in his spare time! Besides I like to see 2 emu's progressing their different ways!

CyRUS64

jhonny: Firstly there is no way Icarus and Dreamemu would ever join. It wouldnt at all give interesting results either.

Secondly although a few games are certainly 'running' in a sense, the problem is that the rendering isnt very stable and the results can often look very messed up due to lack of omplementation for certain compression schemes. Anyhow, if i get a chance ill take a pic of the now loading screen from jet grind radio, and perhaps even a pic of how messed up unreal tournament is looking!

Also, one of the methods for testing original gdroms in Icarus will be to hook up the dreamcast to your pc via broadband adaptor or lan adaptor, and with appropriate server software running on the dreamcast dynamically load data from the gdrom as is needed. This way, you have no need to spend a long time 'dumping' a gdrom, and it completely avoids legality issues of providing ppl with methods to create isos of games.

Slougi

Actually some Yamaha CD Drive could read GD-Roms, I read about that on some site. I woder if it's true....

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Is it possible to get a driver that allows you to put your DC GD drive in a PC in order to play games??? I have a spare DC and am willing to dismantle it for emulation purposes???

Slougi

Well, it might be possible to hack up a pci card that lets you connect the GD-Rom drive to it, or if the interface is similar to IDE/SCSI some interface between the two could be built. I doubt it's worth the effort, as it would take a hell of a lot of hacking. Basically: NO.

Alex_A

Cooliscool how you forgot the cheese in your food????
Lord Cheese is going to get angry with you......

starting gettin hungry...... yet? {;D

Alex_A

Yup! i´m waiting for more screenshots!
Icarus have some posted on its Web but most are b/w
now is dreamemu´s turn to snap some Previews

BinoX

Dreamemu Tester
*whistles an innocent tune and wanders off*

There may be some stuff before u think.

BinoX

Dreamemu Tester
Lord Cheese said:
Find something new Mr. Binox? :)

Possibly... It may have just been my imagination though... ^_^;;

I'll try it again later and tell u if I get the same thing.