What's new

Graphics Cards (What is good?).Everyone have a look here

Saleen351

Graphics cards graphics cards graphics cards!!! Everyone has an argument on which card is better than the other.But I do have some news for all of you out there in graphics land.If you seriously want the best in graphics acceleration...rendering..detail..the works.And have some cash to spare then go out and get yourself an ATI Radeon 9700.The newest badboy on the market today.If you want my opinion,I'd say the card whips the competition off it's feet!No other card out there gets as much performance as the ATI Radeon 9700.The GeForce TI4600 comes in second place.I may not have total proof of this card,but,I have seen this card in action.They installed one in a computer at Circuit City and was so amazed at how well this card performed.The system it was running on was a Compaq with a 1.6 GHZ AMD CPU.My Bro-in-law has a GeForce TI4600 installed in his 1.8 GHZ unit at home and i'll admit the GeForce does have good capabilities.but IMO the ATI Radeon 9700 beat the Geforce by by a nice chunk.The textures and smoothness on Unreal Tournament was awesome at 1280 X 1024 and the refresh rate was set to 90 hertz on a Sony Flat screen monitor...

Final draw ATI Radeon 9700 ..a little pricey ($399) but more than well worth it.

Get a GeForce TI4600 instead for a few dollars less with somewhat less performance but still an awesome card.

Also in line is a GeForce TI4400 and GeForce TI4200 for about half the price of the TI 4600.And then an ATI Radeon 8700 and 9000.Good cards but dont perform as well as a GeForce TI 4000 series card.

Here's also a link you can get all the technical specs and benchmarks on the ATI Radeon series and Geforce cards.It focuses mainly on the Radeon 9700 card.

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/videocards/article.php/1449721

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
I can see that you are trying to help but this has nothing to do with 1964. This would go better in another forum like Techtalk or talk of the town.