What's new

1964 Z:MoM Problem

0Xcel

heres the problem...

I try to play Zelda 2 MoM and yeah, works perfectly fine, good speed, not bad audio, a little low on the FPS but yeah, fine, THEN suddenly, at totally random times the emulator shuts itself down for no apparant reason, no error msgs, no nothing.

Using:
1964 0.7.3
Glide 64 0.23
Azimers Audio 0.30
NRage D-Input 2 1.80a
Legend Of Zelda 2:Mask of Majora USA

Sys Specs (Very outdated PC but seems to run games fine, except for the Z:MoM problem):
Voodoo 4 4500 AGP
400MHZ P2
128MB SD RAM
Windows 98

So if you could help out, it would definatly be appreciated, also i have a question about optimizing my Emulation performance, it runs smoothly but when things get really active and busy it starts to slow down :( And i know to update my drivers, i just hav'nt got to it yet :D

Thanks

EDIT!: Oh yeah ! How do i get RSP to work in 1964, i put it into the plugins dir, and the root dir and i cant seem to get to use it, or access it via the program or anything else for that matter >.<

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
About optimizing performace, you can raise the Counter Factor level, and when the new version comes out there's and option to force the rom to run in 32-bit mode instead of 64, and it helps uper slow pc's quite a bit (if it has effect on the specific rom) But other than that, a PII 400 will slow down no matter what, you could try running at 320x240 fullscreen if ya dont mind blockiness, it'll run great then :) :D my pc isn't much more powerful:

K6-2 500@550
GeForce4 mx 420
Aureal AU8820
WinXP Pro Corp (#2600).

with this i can get above 56 even in the most taxing areas @ 640x480 in jabo's with azimer's old (0.13 OLD) driver :cool:

OP

0Xcel

Thanks for the help.
So umm, no one know anything about the Emu shutting it self down properly? And Cooliscool, i can actually run full speed waverace :D it only slows down when in really busy places, which isnt that much.

OP

0Xcel

O wait, i got Zmm to work, sorry for the double post, it works, fine, but ive encountered another problem in a different game

Paper mario, bg flickers over the front 3d scene of where mario talks to bowser when he first lifts up the castle, whenever there is a menu transition e.x changing the menu screen, alot of jibberish blocks come up while the transition is taking place, then go away when it is done. its abit annoying >.<
Also, the sound at some places sounds like it is crackling =/

I also dont know how to save in Zelda MM -_-; it saved automatically at the start of the first day in clock town, but i dont know how to save it after when i need it to be >.< Could anybody tell me how please?

EDIT: Damn my stupidity >.< the problem hasnt gone, Zelda 2 MM shut it self down, the whole emu shut it self down while i was playing. -_-;;

Thanks much appreciated :)

Last edited: