What's new

need help getting my saturn cds working

rayik

I have several Saturn CDs that I would like to try loading into the satourne emu. I've read the posts that satourne does not have cd support and that you have to extract the discs.

I can't extract them in a way the emu recognizes. I've ripped them in iso and raw data format. It rips many files. I tried running the one labled first (don't remember exact file name but itw as something like first run). Emu won't load them.

Can somebody help with step by step instructions for extracting your cds for this emu and how to load them. Please really detailed instructions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

OP
R

rayik

Thank you for the reply. Thank you also for the english translation for satourne.

I'm sorry if my post implied any request for ripping advice. Definately not ask for and and obviously I would never expect a response to be allowed to be posted.

I'm d/l v060820021 for the emu from the link. I note i was trying to load cds from v06082002 (no 1 at the end).

If you want to answer, I can put any Saturn CD I own onto my hd. Once it's there I just couldn't figure out how to load it.

I think this emu / debugger is really neat. I have the saturn so I can play any of the games I have. (I've run some other files on it and noted it running at about 10 fps.) I just thinks it amazing to get them running at all on a generic pc box. Raw pc computing power running a 7 - 8 year old multi processor system. Looks like fun to work on.

Thanks.

OP
R

rayik

thanks 2fast4u for the advise that satourne supports saturn cd. Played with it a bit tonight and able to get cds running pretty easily.

For those who couldn't figure it out like me originally, click on "CD" then click on "use CD" under "CD reader." (If you have multiple cd drives like I do, make sure the drive w/ the saturn disc is selected). Then j on the main window just click on "run."

On other thing to make sure is set properly is the region. Satourne when unzipped is set to run ""Europe (and other PAL countries)" I'm in the US and thus my discs are for the american region. Click on "SMPC"and make sure the appropriate "Country Code" is selected.

I'm just amazed that the saturn programs such as Daytona remix and Panzer Dragoon are running on a pc. With a Celeron 1.2 (running at 1.5), 512mb and a gforce4 ti4200 (128 mb) i'm getting 10 - 11 fps. While not playable, I find it an amazing job of coding. Thanks.