What's new

saving problem

M

mann

Damn it i played it for a couple hours straight from beggining to where u become and adult and the i do a quick save and grab something to eat i come back and quick load and it just stalls it doesnt do anything but when i press the quick load button agian it just continues as normal but it doesnt load my game.

OP
M

mann

anyone else have this problem! ever? even once!

Dominator

regular save option seems to have problems. Because of the massive amount of code I took away, a misc branch or jump shall have been rerouted I guess.
Now, the quick save/load functions work. Just that it will only generate 2 files ultra.sav & ultra.sav.bak. Rename any savd states to ultra.sav to work with quick load.
Make sure you won't overwrite previous saves and all should be ok.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
or what I do is hit escape and do a manual load the first time on a save then it works fine with the quick save and load.

OP
M

mann

Tri-Force said:
or what I do is hit escape and do a manual load the first time on a save then it works fine with the quick save and load.

your way sounds the best any more deatails or things i should know?

LReyome27

Proud Nintendo FANBOY
I had a similar problem with UltraHLE about a few days ago with OoT. I had to beat Barinade twice because of it.

Raato_87

Another saving problem

When i play game, game won't save! For example, when i finish succesfully level on goldeneye and i close or return to mainmenu, i have to start from beging! Please somebody help me......i have same problem with Ultra HLE....i have also modified ini file. (I'm from finland so don't be suprised if there's some write errors.)

OP
M

mann

when you press the quick save button does it have a little short pause? if so it is saving... and F9 is the quickload key (i didnt know because im an idiot!!! and was pressing F7 and that pauses!!) Good luck!

Raato_87

yes, i know that but i have goldeneye on n64 and it's saves automatically every time you complete level......i don't mean quicksaves or quickloads, i mean n64 saves! And i don't think that goldeneye needs controllerpak......if it's needs does anybody know how to use controllerpak with Ultra or SupraHLE?!

If you want, you can visit my shit homepage......it's in finnish :)
By the way go to Http://www.emuportti.tk if you are interested......the site is very ugly :(

Last edited:

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
oh then your problem is that you didn't look into the fact that uhle/supra doesn't use battery ram or controler pack save. you HAVE to use the save state or else you cant do crap. if you're one of those people who dont want to cheet then just push F6 when the game would normally save.