What's new

Version 1.6 save dir

RingleRangelRob

Return -1;
Hello once again, because I have used the most recent version 2.3.2 and I found the patch to 1.6 from Jabo.

My question is where does the emulator saves their files? As in save files.
Yes I totally know of the directory path in the settings but thats my problem. Even if I adjust the dir and change it to my own it doesn't read the file and when I save in-game I can't seem to find the save file at all.
(The pres-save files that are already there are my save files I want the emulator to read but doesn't work)

Sidenote, I tried uploading an image with my settings and uploaded it to imgur but when I used the '' bb code it denied my post.
Now I've added it to the attachment.

If you have any idea feel free to let me know.

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 404

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Never put Project64 under Program Files. As a user, you do not have full write permissions (unless you run everything with full Admin privileges which isn't recommended anyway) to that folder as Windows treats it as a system folder. Always install/extract emulators and such to your own user folder (where you have full read/write permissions).

OP
RingleRangelRob

RingleRangelRob

Return -1;
Okay I'll try that, but then why are the default instalation directory for Program files?
Not to be nitpicking but other emulators did work in the default place. Or is it just 1.6?

Edit: It now does load the files, that works thanks, but it doesn't load textures but when I literally cope/paste it back to Program Files it does load textures, whats that?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Well, I suppose a correction of sorts is in order... You can install Project64 under Program Files, but you then you have to remember to change preferably all the paths (roms, in-game saves, savestates and textures, etc.) to point to a folder you have full permissions to, e.g. your user folder.

Why did you switch from 2.3.2 to 1.6 anyway?

OP
RingleRangelRob

RingleRangelRob

Return -1;
Well, on 2.3.2 I can play about anything and with added textures I liked it better but for some reason I couldn't play rom hacks of oot which are able to play on 1.6/1.7.

So my actual goal is to be able to play roms with a texture pack, which did load but as said before then I couldn't use save features

OP
RingleRangelRob

RingleRangelRob

Return -1;
I can play on 2.3 with textures but the rom'hacks' wont load and/or some other problems. So you can't play romhacks on 2.3
In 1.6 you can play those romhacks and use textures but then I get the problem of not saving. So it's either no saves or no textures.