What's new

Controller issues using a DS4

Sn4tcH20

Hey guys,

I'm trying to set up Demul, and it seems there is an issue with using a DS4 controller. I'm using DS4windows, so that Windows accepts my DS4 controller as an XInput controller. And for almost every other emulator/game/program it works flawlessly.

Basically padDemul registers another button (JOY0_ANL3_KEY-. Hex: 33554691) as constantly being pressed. For most input you can simply hold down the button you want before assigning it, and it'll save it as the button you're holding when you assign it. However in some cases, like the DPad and the Right Analog Stick, it doesn't register any other than JOY0_ANL3_KEY- at all.

I did a little bit of research, and found out that most believe that the issue is with the padDemul plugin and not the controller itself. Reason being, you can use the hex numbers and manually edit padDemul.ini to make it work. However I do think that should be addressed at some point. I remember this also being an issue with other controllers I used in the past. I'll leave a link at the bottom here to the reddit thread that explained the problem, and had the hex editing solution.

Hopefully this can be fixed permanently in the near future.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4gc12k/weekly_question_thread_20160425_to_20160501/d2i7kll?st=isgg70pd&sh=8203a567