What's new

Demul 0.7 on a core 2 duo?

Boonrider

My current PC specs are c2d e8400, 4GB RAM and a 8800GT with a 26" 1360x768 display.

As the 8800GT is only DX10, I can't run the newest versions.

My question is, if I buy a second hand DX11 graphics card, am likely to be able to run the latest builds OK? Or is the core 2 duo just too slow?

Thanks!

iWind

Demul core coder
My spec q9400 with r7 260x. I have full speed (except WIN CE games). Need minimum video AMD r7 240 or analog from nvidia.

spotanjo3

My current PC specs are c2d e8400, 4GB RAM and a 8800GT with a 26" 1360x768 display.

As the 8800GT is only DX10, I can't run the newest versions.

My question is, if I buy a second hand DX11 graphics card, am likely to be able to run the latest builds OK? Or is the core 2 duo just too slow?

Thanks!

Core 2 Duo might run Demul but probably a little bit slow. I suggest you to buy a new PC like i3. It is much faster and affordable to purchase. A Core 2 Duo is so outdated for the powerful emulators like Demul, Citra (3DS emulator) and PCSX2.

That processor is pretty powerful but by today standards it may be dated. You should be fine with naomi games but will have slowdowns with the naomi 2 ones like wildriders, beach spikers, club kart, and virtua striker 3.
You may have more fps with virtua fighter 4 and initial D.
If you ask me a good reason to switch to the newer 0.7 releases i would say the lighting emulation.
In vf4 is more visible and it makes the difference is like other game.
Also no more slowdowns and ramdon crashes.