What's new

Demul crashes launching F355 Challenge

sartana

Hello,
first of all congratulations for this great emulator, Demul 0.7a.
Every compatible game works fine for me, except F355 Challenge (I'm interested in the Arcade versions Twin and 2 Twin). I know about f355bios and I put its content into naomi.zip, but when I select a game of the serie Demul crashes not responding anymore and I have to close it.

I tried different rom versions and bioses, and to select the exact epr for Ferrari challenge in naomi bios menù, but it's always the same (I usually keep it in Auto-select and no problems with any other game). Same goes for deluxe versions.

I even tried deleting demul.ini before starting the emulator, nothing change. :(

It seems I'm the only on the internet with this problem, I've no more ideas because every other game works!..can you help me?

I run Win 7 ultimate 64 bit with Nvidia 2 Gb gpu, Intel i3 processor, 8 Gb ram.

Thank you!

spotanjo3

Welcome to our emultalk and enjoy your stay.

Maybe you have incorrect Naomi Ferrari F355 Challenge Bios?

Here:

Rom: File size and CRC

epr-22850.ic27 2097152 28AA539D
epr-22851.ic27 2097152 62483677
main_eeprom.bin 128 FEA29CBB
x76f100_eeprom.bin 132 3EA24B6A

Last edited:
OP
S

sartana

Thanks, I'm pleased to be here!

I have exactly theese files you mentioned. I've copied them into naomi.zip, selecting "copy and substitute" because there are already two files with same name (the two .bin files). It crashes..:(

spotanjo3

Thanks, I'm pleased to be here!

I have exactly theese files you mentioned. I've copied them into naomi.zip, selecting "copy and substitute" because there are already two files with same name (the two .bin files). It crashes..:(

Welcome.

You need two, I think. I believe that you have two, right ? The size is correct below:

Ferrari F355 Challenge - 96.13 Mo
Ferrari F355 Challenge (Twin) - 89.93 Mo

Do you have Naomi Ferrari F355 Challenge (deluxe) Bios ??

epr-21863.ic27 2097152 0615A4D1

Other one.

Last edited:
OP
S

sartana

Welcome.

You need two, I think. I believe that you have two, right ? The size is correct below:

Ferrari F355 Challenge - 96.13 Mo
Ferrari F355 Challenge (Twin) - 89.93 Mo

Do you have Naomi Ferrari F355 Challenge (deluxe) Bios ??

epr-21863.ic27 2097152 0615A4D1

Other one.

Yes I do have all bioses..

I figured it out! I have a cab, and for a better order between emulators I renamed demul.exe in demulAnalog.exe (because of the controls) and that was the big problem!! Apparently, Demul crashes starting Ferrari Challenge (only) if it's not named demul.exe.

I switched id to Single and it plays well, except the annoying "two windows mode". So I can't play it fullscreen, right?
Another problem is the calibration of analog controls (steering above all) to the keyboard. It's a bit unplayable if steering is 0 or 100 immediately..

spotanjo3

Good to know. It can be useful for some people. :D

I never tried it on a full screen. You can try it and see ? :)

OP
S

sartana

Good to know. It can be useful for some people. :D
Yeah, it's a stupid problem, but I hope it can be useful! :)

Already tried, but after a while it automatically switches in three windows. One with the game, but to use controls you have to select a second black one..maybe a next version will fix this, if possible