What's new

Mupen64Plus-RSP-HLE v2.5 Zilmar Spec

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
Hi!

So I made a thing recently. I took BSmiles awesome work on mupen64plus-rsp-hle, forked it, then added a bunch of code from Hacktarux's old version from Mupen64 0.5.1 and made it work with Zilmar Spec N64 Emulators.

I could use some feedback.

Some useful bits to know:
  • I removed Hacktarux's option for ProcessAList via 2nd audio plugin
  • I did not update the Linux makefile, but I merged in some of the GTK code. More work needs to be done here for Linux support
  • There are some known issues that prevent this plugin from being x64 compliant
  • Much of the code can be cleaned and the M64P code could probably be removed. (I doubt they would care to support this.)
  • The attached DLL was made with VS2015. I don't have VS2013 or the proper toolset to build an XP compatible version. I haven't made a VS2003 project file either, nor do I really want to. I will change the attached build if someone can build it for me.
  • The added code is not mine. I do not take credit for any creativity or ingenuity, only what might be broken.

I plan to address the the x64 compliance issues, and things that are broken that I can feasibly fix. I might take a look at readding the 2nd Audio Plugin feature, but I don't know if it is completely necessary, or if there is much interest in it.

If you use mupen64plus and PJ64 on your PC to play N64 games, I'd love to hear back from you most. I don't. I play them on a ~15 year old Xbox.

My GitHub fork:
https://github.com/weinerschnitzel/mupen64plus-rsp-hle

Dropbox link if you can't view attachments:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ced4epcvfaqfmr/mupen64plus-rsp-hle.zip?dl=0

Attachments

• mupen64plus-rsp-hle.zip
    71.8 KB · Views: 2,598
Last edited:
OP
weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
Was it not attached? Well I added a dropbox link to it for our fellow lurkers. I'll update these once someone with an XP compatible toolset can build and share it.
Thanks!

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
It was. I'm looking for one that can be used as a project 64 plugin. The included file only works in Mupen64.

OP
weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
I'll look into it. I didn't get a chance to test with PJ64 2.x, but I tested it with 1964 1.1, Mupen64 0.5.1, and PJ64 1.6. (PJ64 1.6 needs the RSP named RSP.dll as a reminder.)

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: I'm not sure what to say... It works for me in PJ64 2.2. Although I can't access an RSP Config menu with either RSP 1.7 or this plugin. Assigning the menu to a hotkey does not seem to work?

I'll have a go with a PJ64 2.3 dev version at some point, but in the meantime, could you be more specific as to what is not working and on what OS, emu and version?

Also reuploaded and verified them as working.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Just tried renaming it as you said and tested with PJ64 1.6. As soon as the emulator opens I'm greeted with a plugin missing error.
Tested with PJ64 2.3.0.3 and the plugin is not available to be selected from the plugin directory.

I'm on Win7, PJ64 1.6<>2.x.

EDIT:
There are some known issues that prevent this plugin from being x64 compliant
Duh, that's right I'm on a 64bit system.:blush:

Last edited:
OP
weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
I confirmed this is not working with PJ64 1.6 or showing up with PJ64 2.2 on Windows7. I only tested it on Windows 10 so far. It's an x86 build so it should still work with an x86 emulator. Do you get an error for VCRUNTIME140.dll being missing from your computer when trying 1.6? I believe I incurred this from Hacktarux's HLE RSP used in Mupen64. I would guess that mupen64-rsp-hle.dll from Mupen64 0.5.1 does not work for you either?

I'll definitely get on this!

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
VCRUNTIME140.dll error confirmed.

Mupen64 0.5.1 RSP works on PJ641.6 but not 2.x.

I appreciate you energy and enthusiasm.

OP
weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
The x86 VC2015 Redistributable was enough to get it working for me on Win7. I suppose there are other runtime dll's that I am missing that are keeping me from using the RSP plugin from Mupen64 0.5.1 on my Win7 machine. Hopefully building with the VS2013 toolset that supports Windows XP will make it work out of the box for more people. I need to get this.

Here's a link to the VS2015 redist.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I will have to assume that this will work as my win installation in corrupt and will not except software updates.
Sorry for wasting your time.

OP
weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
No time wasted. I'd like things to work out-of-box.

Please try this attached build, it should have the MSVCRT dependency baked in.

Also, thanks to Iconoclast for giving me some pointers. :)

Attachments

• mupen64plus-rsp-hle.zip
    71.8 KB · Views: 385

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
That did it!
Please update top post.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 696