What's new

Mupen64Plus 1.5

marcelo_20xx

I want to compile this version on Windows XP, I downloaded the sources but I don't see any Solutions files, what are the dependencies required? Is there any Win32deps folder for this version? which compilator should I use?

I want the 1.5 version because it was the last version compatible with the zilmar plugin spec and I want to make a few changes to its core, mainly to remove the gui and use the command line only (make GUI=NONE all)...

Thanks for any help...

UPDATE: That's why this is a nightmare to compile, apparently the people at the FSF claims that you can compile with their GNU compiler with minimal effort as opposed to compilers like VS and with crosscompatibility as a bonus...

But in reality, a year has passed and is nigh impossible to gather all the required dependencies and even the correct version of the compiler because IT WILL need a specific version out of a thousand revisions of the same compiler, whereas if you use something like VS you narrow it to just 5 versions of the program at most and some solutions can be upgraded or downgraded...

Back to my problem I am having difficulty in obtaining the compiler which is stated inside the README file of the source as GNU C and C++ compiler without any hint of its required version...

After wasting an entire day I found its equivalent as GNUWin32 with the GCC 4.4.1 chaintool which I can no longer find anywhere...

So for the sake of my sanity, has someone here ever attempted to compile the Mupen64Plus 1.5 source on Windows? If so how did you do? please enlighten me...

Last edited:

Richard42

Emulator Developer
The first version of Mupen64Plus which could be compiled under Visual Studio was 1.99.1. It's not really the compiler's fault (GCC) it's the Windows platform being so much different from POSIX. I had to make a lot of changes. Probably the easiest way to get v1.5 working with Windows is by using MinGW, but really it's not worth the trouble. If you're trying to get Mupen64Plus working with a particular zilmar-spec plugin, you're much better off running the latest (2.5 or git) version of Mupen64Plus and then getting the source code for the plugin and making a few small changes so that it will work with our emulator. Really the only thing that you definitely need to have is the plugin version info function. Video plugins are a little more complicated but still not too bad. Except DirectX for a video plugin; that would be a bigger problem. I think we have a doc on our wiki which gives all the API differences and changes over time.

Richard